Kapoor at 98.3 FM Radio Mirchi
|Born||7 June 1975|
|Occupation||Television producer, Joint MD of Balaji Telefilms|
Shobha Kapoor (mother)
|Relatives||Tusshar Kapoor (brother)|
Kapoor is the daughter of actor Jeetendra and Shobha Kapoor. Her younger brother Tusshar Kapoor is also a Bollywood actor. She did her schooling at Bombay Scottish School, Mahim and attended college at Mithibai College. She has produced numerous soap opera, television series and movies. Some soap operas she had worked on include Hum Paanch, Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi, Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki, Kasautii Zindagii Kay, Pavitra Rishta, Bade Acche Lagte Hain, and Jodha Akbar. Kapoor has also produced the television series Naagin, Ye Hai Mohabbatein, Kumkum Bhagya, Kavach and Kasam Tere Pyaar Ki. She has also launched her fashion series with EK Label.
She ventured into Bollywood movie production in 2001 beginning with Kyo Kii... Main Jhuth Nahin Bolta, Kucch To Hai and Krishna Cottage based on supernatural themes followed in 2003 and 2004. Kyaa Kool Hai Hum starred her brother Tusshar Kapoor. She then went on to co-produce Shootout at Lokhandwala with Sanjay Gupta. Mission Istanbul and EMI – Liya Hai Toh Chukana Padhega in collaboration with Sunil Shetty followed. In 2010 to 2014 she released a number of films including Love Sex aur Dhokha, Once Upon a Time in Mumbaai, and Shor in the City.
Awards and honours
- 2012 Asia's Social Empowerment Award- Freedom Through Education
- "PICS: Ekta Kapoor's 41st birthday bash". The Times of India. 8 June 2016. Retrieved 11 June 2016.
- "Happy birthday Ekta Kapoor: 6 things to remind you why she is a big deal". Hindustan Times. 2016-06-07. Retrieved 2016-06-07.
- Sabharwal, Rahul (21 January 2010). "Meet the 'real' Ekta Kapoor". Hindustan Times. Archived from the original on 25 January 2010. Retrieved 31 January 2010.
- "Ekta Kapoor springs a surprise". The Hindu. 1 July 2002. Retrieved 31 January 2010.
- "Ekta Kapoor & family take pay cut". The Hindu. 2 October 2009. Archived from the original on 9 March 2010. Retrieved 31 January 2010.
- Shekhar (2012-02-20). "Ekta Kapoor's obsession with 'K' was strategy, but not superstition". Entertainment.oneindia.in. Retrieved 2012-08-08.
- "Recipients of Asia's Social Empowerment Award".
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ekta Kapoor.|