View from north, prior to extension of runway
|Owner||State of Alaska DOT&PF - Central Region|
|Elevation AMSL||135 ft / 41 m|
Ekwok Airport (IATA: KEK, FAA LID: KEK) is a state owned, public use airport serving Ekwok, a city in the Dillingham Census Area of the U.S. state of Alaska. Scheduled airline service to Merrill Field in Anchorage,AK is provided by Dena'ina air.
As per Federal Aviation Administration records, the airport had 283 passenger boardings (enplanements) in calendar year 2008, 182 enplanements in 2009, and 284 in 2010. It is included in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015, which categorized it as a general aviation airport (the commercial service category requires at least 2,500 enplanements per year).
Facilities and aircraft
Ekwok Airport covers an area of 118 acres (48 ha) at an elevation of 135 feet (41 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 2/20 with a gravel surface measuring 3,300 by 75 feet (1,006 x 23 m). The runway rebuilt and lengthened in 2005 prior to which its length was 2,720 feet (829 m).
Airlines and destinations
|Grant Aviation||Dillingham, New Stuyahok|
Dena'ina Air Taxi offers service from Ekwok to Anchorage or milk run flights through neighboring village flights to Anchorage.
|1||Dillingham, AK||Dillingham Airport||280|
|2||New Stuyahok, AK||New Stuyahok Airport||20|
|Koliganek, AK||Koliganek Airport||20|
- FAA Airport Master Record for KEK ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective April 27, 2017.
- "Ekwok, AK: Ekwok (KEK)". Bureau of Transportation Statistics (BTS), Research and Innovative Technology Administration (RITA), U.S. Department of Transportation. December 2016. Retrieved May 6, 2017.
- "Timetable" (PDF). PenAir. October 21, 2011. Retrieved June 17, 2012.
- "Enplanements for CY 2008" (PDF, 1.0 MB). CY 2008 Passenger Boarding and All-Cargo Data. Federal Aviation Administration. December 18, 2009. External link in
- "Enplanements for CY 2010" (PDF, 189 KB). CY 2010 Passenger Boarding and All-Cargo Data. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2011. External link in
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010. Archived from the original (PDF, 2.03 MB) on 2012-09-27. External link in
- "Airport diagram for Ekwok (KEK)". Federal Aviation Administration. December 25, 2003. Archived from the original (GIF) on 2005-01-19.