||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: rambling and disjointed (January 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Municipality and town|
|Time zone||Colombia Standard Time (UTC-5)|
El Agrado (Spanish pronunciation: [el aˈɣɾaðo]) is a municipality in Colombia.
According to oral tradition, the current territory of El Agrado, at the time of the Spanish conquest, was inhabited by the Chimbayaco, which belonged to the nation of Paez. But this can not be regarded as true as it also speaks of Yaguilgas, Yalcones and other groups belonging to the nation of Andaquíes, who lived in surrounding areas. Nor is there any documentation that describes its habitat, customs, and specific characteristics of the group Chimbayaco (across the river, Quechua).
However, in the lands that now belong to the municipality of El Agrado, have been found petroglyphs, vestiges, and footprints, which indicates that there really were Indians living in the area and that it requires further investigation to clarify their own reality. One concludes that El Agrado, especially at the time of the Conquest, was visited in and out by Aboriginal people occasionally to organize and defend themselves when they were attacked from Timan by Pedro de Añasco and Juan de Ampudia.
The history of El Agrado as an urban area began in the mid-eighteenth century (1753) as a result of the segregationist unrest between whites and Indians, which led to clashes which continued until the beginning of 1950. The Hacienda Chimbayaco, property of the Field Master Juan Losada Young, is the starting point for the development of El Agrado, when, on May 7, 1753, he gave the land known as the plain of Chimbayaco (also known as the Valley of the alfandoques), jurisdiction of the town of Timan, where lived the whites of the parish of Pital who lived with the Indians from Paez.
So thrived the nucleus of people and goods, that 54 years later, José Antonio Barreiro, Camilo Carvajal, Joaquin Polo, Augustine Ramirez and Pedro Osorio revived the need to establish a vice-parish in the plain of Chimbayaco, and donated land for this purpose. The Viceroy Amar y Borbon, who reported to the Bishop of Popayán, ordered the creation of the vice-parish, under the protection of Nuestra señora de Belén, but still dependent on the parish of Pital. The new town (Belén) was named after Bethlehem (May 18, 1807).
In 1818, before the growth of the town, they felt the need for a larger temple with its population size and economic capacity of the moment. The proposal was made by Rafael Chávarro, on behalf of the parishioners, and it was accepted by the Bishop of Jimenez after a visit. After 40 years, the Vice-parish of Nuestra señora de Belén was converted into a Parrish District on April 5, 1837. According to the Esquema de Ordenamiento Territorial (E.O.T.), El Agrado has a population of 9,461 inhabitants, of which 50.80% live in the town center and the remaining 49.19% in the surrounding rural areas. Its most populated streets are El Astillero, La Maria, Montesitos, La Cañada, La Escalereta, and San José de Belén.
History of neighborhoods and villages
The history of the municipality of El Agrado is poor, only some details are collected from oral tradition.
- Barrio El Centro
- It is not known the exact date of its creation, its name comes from its location in the center of town.
- Barrio Snails
- Founded in 1995 took the name the inhabitants of the sector for the proximity to Cerro Caracol.
- Barrio Chimbayaco
- Is not known when it was founded, its name is of Indian origin, means "God of the waters."
- Barrio Garrido Rojas
- No one knows the precise date of its foundation and named after the illustrious son of Jose Maria Rojas Garrido sector.
- Barrio San Agustin
- No exact date of its founding by oral tradition known that it belonged to Rojas Garrido and independence followed the advice of a missionary devoted to St. Augustine who suggested putting on the new neighborhood of San Agustin.
- Barrio Stolze
- It was inaugurated on December 28, 1998 in the administration of Mr. Ulpiano Sánchez Muñoz and his name is due to an illustrious son of the people Fr. Fortunato Herrera Molina.
- Barrio Manizales
- There is no known date of its creation and there are no written documents about it. By oral tradition knew his name from a family living in the neighborhood and a native of Manizales suggested this name will be placed on the sector.
- Ana Del Barrio Calvary
- It was built in 2003 in the second administration of Mr. Ulpiano Sánchez Muñoz and placed this name in honor of the religious Antioquia Leila Naomi Sanchez, whose pen name was Ana del Calvario, director of the school Our Lady of the Rosary.
- Barrio Villa Aransazu
- This is the newest neighborhood of the town, It was built in 2008 during the administration of Mr. Ricaurte Mendez and his name from a monument of the Virgin of Aranzazu found at the scene.
- sidewalks of our town have their origin in the smallholdings and smallholders were those who began to populate the rural areas of the municipality.
- Path Yaguilga
- Its name comes from its broken The Yaguilga. The community board was founded on August 12, 1981 and has 23 families. Its economic base is agriculture products are marketed in Garzón and friendly.
- Path The Glen
- It came on September 4, 1987. Its economic base is farming and its products are marketed under the municipality of La Jagua Garzon.
- Path Escalereta
- Located east of the town of pleasing, at a distance of 22 km of its founding is considered to date from 1974 as a company establishing Community. Its population is made up of 340 inhabitants, distributed in 50 houses, its economic base is agriculture spatially in rice, sorghum, corn, snuff and livestock.
- San Jose Path Of Bethlehem
- Its founding date is not known with accuracy but oral tradition says it was before 1839. In its early days was called San Jose de Taperas, but the father Víctor Félix Silva gave him to change his name and now called San José de Belén. It has one of the oldest chapels Dept. This trail is located south of the county seat. His main source of income is farming crops where we can find as rice, millet, corn, cocoa and livestock activities. SABANETA PATH: It was founded in February 1963. It is located in the northern part of the municipality to 4 km from the main town. His biggest source of income is agriculture, where crops are cocoa, cassava, corn, guava, grapes and pineapple products are marketed in Agrado, Garzón, Neiva and Florence.
- Vereda Mesita
- This village was founded in 1993 by Mr. José Valenzuela, Pascual Sarrias, Maximo Valencia, Isabel Martinez and Carlos Julio Chavarro, its main source of income is agriculture doing their small plots, which meet their needs and the surplus is sold in the marketplace of the town.
- Path Montesitos
- It was founded in 1968. Its economic base is agriculture.
- Path The Orchids
- Between 1939 and 1945 came the first founders Gregory Angucho, Clemencia Pinacue, Joaquina Chavarro Io and Victor, all progeny Paez. In the past the village called El Batatal, but legally the path of Orchids was established on March 3, 1990.
- The Path Galdos
- It was founded by Dr. Maria Mendez Rubiela in 1982. The economy is based on agriculture.
- Path El Carmen
- It was founded in 1958. Its economy is based on agriculture, its main product is coffee and smaller proportions of peas, the lulus, maize and sugar cane.
- Path Los Pinos
- It was founded by Mr. Emilio Riveros in 1997. Its main product is coffee and to a lesser extent maize, sugar cane, lulus, cassava and others.
- Path The Horizon
- It was founded on July 14, 1985 and the idea of creation was born of Mr. Carlos Ardila. Buticera Jairo Vargas, Luz Marina Trujillo, Hernan Erazo, Francisco Bahamon, Benjamin Sanchez and Victor Narvaez, its economy is based on the cultivation of coffee and to a lesser extent there are crops of sugarcane, beans and vegetables.
- The Path Ondina
- Founded on March 26, 1973. Its economy is based on agriculture.
- Low Path Buenavista
- Founded in 1980, with a number of 17 families and their name derives from its main source of water: the stream Buenavista. Its economy is based on snuff crops, sorghum, badea, coffee, and is of great importance to the livestock.
- Path Builder
- On its foundation does not have a precise date. Your area's economy is based on agriculture with coffee, badea, sugarcane, and guava.
- Path Of Olives
- Founded in 1988,. Economically dependent on agriculture, with crops such as coffee, bananas, and some vegetables.
- The Path Flint
- Located in the northeastern part of town, far from the town about Template: Convert / km. Economic activities in the region are livestock and the cultivation of cocoa.
- High Path Buenavista
- Located in the northern part of the municipality of his acceptance on the hill of Buenavista. The economy of the village derives from agriculture, especially the cultivation of coffee and sugar cane is grown smaller scale, lulus, blackberry, tree tomato and peas, among others.
- Path Relief
- Founded in 1958 and was named Potrerillos, the name was changed in 1969 by Father Joseph Lopez, whose name is El Socorro in honor of the virgin of Perpetual Succour. Its main economic base is agriculture and farming is the second line, which annually produces some 12 000 kilos of fish.
- High Path Granadilla
- Founded in 1971 by Mr. Jaime Cadena and Fabio Salinas. Its agrarian economy is clearly its main product is coffee, also grow cassava, tree tomato, blackberry and some vegetables.
- Path Of Hope
- Founded on April 5, 1995. Its economic base is agriculture with coffee, cacao, banana, sugarcane and pineapple.
- Path San Antonio
- Founded in 1961, his name is in honor of San Antonio. Its economic factor is agricultural with coffee, lulus, blackberries, sugar cane, bananas and vegetables.
- Path The Mercedes
- Founded in 1995, his name is given in honor of the Virgin of Mercy. Its economic base is agriculture, with coffee, sugarcane, banana and vegetables.
The Municipality of the Agra in India do is located in the southwestern part of the department of Huila to 838 meters above sea level, consisting of two (2) natural regions: a flat belonging to the central valley of the Magdalena river and a mountain ridge derived from the mines that form the hills Caracol, the High Buenavista, Jerusalem, San Jacinto, Sugar Loaf which ends in the blade Galda limit with the municipality of El Pital. Serrania of Dwellings
Located in the northwestern part of town between 1800 and 2000 meters. This ecosystem covers an approximate area of 4107 hectares. Township and the villages are located in Los Pinos, La Maria, El Carmen, La Ondina, El Horizonte, Las Mercedes up to the limits and Paicol El Pital, towards which continues. In this mountainous municipality has only Agrado foothills, is presented on the site marked fire problems. It important birth for the municipality water sources such as broken Chimbayaco, which is supplied from the municipal water. When supply fails regional water from the aqueduct that benefits the municipalities of Pital-Agrado. According to oral tradition of its inhabitants the mountains of Minas had wealth of wildlife, where we could find mammals such as Dantas, armadillos, rabbits, guaras, monkeys, Cusumbo, servatillos, squirrels and others birds like Yatar, tinkle, hawks, woodpeckers, pigeons, partridges, sparrows, billets, tiles, cardinals and others are also plenty of insects, its flora had a wide variety of trees like: Robles, Hojancha, cumin, white wood, cotton, cocoa mountain boar, frijolillo, caching, rafts, Yarumos, Rafter and a variety of shrubs, which together with the large trees formed a dense forest that kept the birth of water and suitable habitat for faunal wealth. At present, the flora and fauna of our highlands has been almost entirely wiped out and only some vestiges of its magnificent wild variety. Because of its importance, it is necessary to combine efforts among all the municipalities that have land in this mountainous (Pital, La Plata, Tarqui, Oporapa, Paicol, Argentina and pleasure) to crystallize their conservation and protection. Astronomical position
The municipality of El Agrado is located at 2 ° 15 north latitude and 75 ° 47 'west longitude according to the Greenwich Meridian. With respect to the meridian of Bogota is 1 ° 42 'west longitude. Limits
The municipality of El Agra do limited way: the north with the municipality of Paicol, the importance of this border zone lies in the efforts of the two municipalities for the preservation of the mountains of Minas and a fledgling trade. Sury west to the town of Pital. This limit is of great historical importance since it separates two different cultures (Indian and Spanish) plus the mixture of it which gave rise to the mixture of the inhabitants of the new town. To the east with Garzon and Giant. The boundary with the municipality of Gigante has a special connotation for being two people of Spanish origin. With regard to the municipality of Garzon is very important trade, which benefits spatially agricultural and manufacturing sector. Detailed the fixed limits Ordinance No 26, April 8, 1912, which reads: "... For which points out the demarcation of the provinces and fixing the limits of the municipalities that make up the Department." Climate
This synthesized considering regional climatic characteristics, according to meteorological stations located in the area, which are of a rain gauge and a weather station hands. The weather stations, rainfall rate were satellite TV station. Located at the 0220 NY 7543.W, height m. de1725 s n m. Agrado and the station located at 0215 N and the 7546W at an altitude of 905 m. s n m, with a registration period of 24 years. (1971–1995) located in the basin of the Magdalena River. The weather station Betulia, is located in the basin of the Magdalena River to 0217 N and 7548 W at a height of 810 m. s. n. m., with a registration period from 10 years (1986–1996). The temperature ranges between 12 °C (winter mornings) and 28 °C (half-day in summer) with an average of 25 °C. According to the Holdridge classification, the pleasant climate is warm. The average annual rainfall varies between 1566 and 1592mm two periods of rain occurring during the months of March–April and October–November, and a period of low rainfall in the months of July and August. Hydrography
The main water sources are: Quebrada Buenavista: Born in the mountains of the mines in the villages of Carmen and La Ondina, flows into the Magdalena river, receiving streams: the passion, the muddy, fly, mines and backpacker between other. It has a comprehensive management plan, the water is contaminated by waste and coffee pulp, the indiscriminate cutting produces a significant decrease in flow during summer. Quebrada La Yaguilga: Born in the mountains of mines in the town of Pital, gives its waters to the Magdalena River, receiving streams: The Galda, mojarrillos, gravelly, Chimbayaco, the Oller and others. The sub Quebrada La Yaguilga is affected by a marked deforestation and its tributaries flow lose their summers during periods of heavy, industrial use as well as lakes fish, irrigation of crops of cocoa whole hillside and flows into the Magdalena River basin. The main causes of declining water from streams that supply the town, happen for a slash and burn intensive protective forests in the headwaters of the births and their causes. No planned use of water in the aqueducts relatives as well as in periods of drought increasing water demands for irrigation, causing the deficit of the liquid.
In health the municipality of El Agrado has the ESE San Antonio Hospital in El Agrado, which provides emergency services, maternity, hospitalization, dental, laboratory, pharmacy, outpatient, promotion and prevention. Since the mayor is with the social development secretariat, which plays roles in health, coordinating with the ESE programs (PAB) Basic Health Plan, providing services to the poor in the non-covered health, regime subsidized promotion and prevention programs.
El Municipio de El Agrado se encuentra organizado en su parte administrativa de la siguiente manera: -ALCALDE - SECRETARIA DE GOBIERNO - SECRETARIA DE HACIENDA - SECRETARIA DE PLANEACIÓN - SECRETARIA DE DESARROLLO - SECRETARIA DE DESPACHO - INSPECTOR DE POLICÍA - TESORERO GENERAL - SECRETARIO - SECRETARIO DE DESPACHO - AUXILIAR ADMINISTRATIVO - OPERARIO - CONDUCTOR - DIRECTOR DE LA BANDA MUNICIPAL - ALMACENISTA GENERAL - DIRECTOR TÉCNICO UMATA - DIRECTOR DE CULTURA - DIRECTOR DEL IMDER MUNICIPAL Por tratarse de un Municipio de sexta categoría, le corresponde un total de nueve honorables concejales.
Alcaldes por eleccion popular
En 1988 se inicia el primer episodio del proceso eleccionario de los Alcaldes Populares por mandato de la Constitución Nacional, que endosa al pueblo mismo la decisión de escoger y elegir sus mandatarios municipales. los alcaldes por eleccion popular son:
Carlos Arturo Cortes Trujillo 1988-1990
Ángel Maria Vargas Medina 1990-1992
Ulpiano Sanchez Muñoz 1992-1994 Y 2001-2003
Luis Alfonso España Rojas 1995-1997
Simon Parra Trujillo 1998-2000
Ricaurte Mendez Ardila 2004-2007
Hector Oracio Castro 2008-2011
the economy is based on the following sectors: Agriculture
From time immemorial the municipality of Agrado has been a growing region due to the nature of its topography and its variety of climates. The farm is listed as the largest producer in both permanent and temporary crops, similarly, at the time of its founding, the town was rich in water resources, so much so that their land was bathed in abundant streams that had their flows to the great river of La Magdalena, which, facilitated the growing, both in the flat part of the territory and in the mountainous area that is now part of rural Agrado. Also extensions were conducive to natural pasture cattle. Agriculture regarding occurs: Cocoa, coffee, sugar cane, plantains, bananas, maize, cassava, sorghum, Snuff. Livestock
Livestock par excellence, the nice features the following breeds of cattle: cattle Creole, mestizo: Holstein, Swiss, retpol, agnus, yerci, ambulatory, bramolando, Brangus, genzi, Cebu, white brown Orejinegro and guiro. There are about 721 producers, who own a total of 12,125 head of cattle, of which 89% is cattle breeding and the remaining 11% is cattle fattening. The most common breeds are: Cebu, Pardo. The livestock production in the municipality is of 12,125. 89% are cattle fattening. Mining
The Agrado has large deposits of alluvial gold, pumice, gypsum crystallized and petrified wood and / or natural coal, likewise, are oil fields, rock crystal and chalk that are not exploited. Minor species
Fish, chickens for fattening, laying hens, fattening pigs, Curie, Quail. Commercial Sector
The trade was determined by the following products and channels of commerce: Straw hats, drug stores, blacksmith shops, Hairdressers, Shops, Tobacconists, Ssastrerias and tailoring, carpentry, Aalfarerias, Woodlanders, Broom. Factories
In the following mills operated pleasure: Soap earth, leather, Tobacco, candles, sugar mills, shoe shops, graters, Manufctura of agave, Confectionery and Sweets, Cheese, cheese and curds, sugarcane, Cafe processed Asoladys, women multiactive Agraduna Association " DISPAPEL "workshops, pubs, clothing stockyards, Hardware, trading and agro. Education
With the educational restructuring undertaken by the Department of Education through the supervisor Departmental Mg. Eduardo Castillo and Director of Core Education, Spec. Minu Marleny Chacón, in 2002, in compliance with the provisions of Act 715 of 2001, three institutions were formed and two schools. Educational institutions are:
- La Merced: Which is the only urban and consists of the headquarters of Our Lady of Rosario and Jose Maria Rojas Garrido.
Rural institutions are: - Montesitos: Whose headquarters are: Sabaneta, The Orchids, The Ondina and San Antonio.
- El Carmen: With headquarters: The Horizon and The Pines.
The two schools are:
- Low Buenavista: Consisting headquarters: Low Buenavista, Shipyard, La María, Alto Buenavista, The Flint and Los Olivos.
- Victor Felix Silva: Composed of the headquarters of the Sacred Heart, La Canada and San Jose in Bethlehem.
Ferias y fiestas
A significant chapter in the religious lives of agradunos. In this spirit grows and reflects on the change of life, forgiveness and repentance. Similarly, scheduled retreats for children, young singles and married couples. On Thursday and Friday are days of much important and spirituality. Wanted to remember the passion and death of Jesus, it is customary fasting and experience the sadness and pain, clearly evident in the high altar which is desolate, naked, without flowers or ornaments of any kind. Thursday is busy procession of arrest which is organized in places withdrawn remember Jesus in the garden, attended by men only, in ancient times was not allowed to attend any woman and that it was the correct one with the torches they carried to illuminate the dark road. Today this has changed and this procession attended by all the people they want. The viacrusis is one of the most popular ceremonies. In it barefoot penitents are present in the majority. In recent years, complemented the use of images of saints with live performances by young people from the parish. On Holy Saturday is traditionally the implementation of the Soledad procession attended by women in solidarity and accompanying Mary in her sadness and loneliness at the loss of her son Jesus. By ten at night is the great Vigil which means that Jesus conquers death and rises, is the main festival and the whole week. Easter Sunday is a great joy and rejoicing. It performs the traditional saints race enlivened by a marching band and the ten o'clock Mass is celebrated principal culminating with this week more. The Patronal Feast
Were held in honor of Our Lady of Bethlehem but due to the proximity to the Christmas party in 1873 was appointed patron of Our Lady of Mercy. During the week that precedes the date September 24, the pastor made retreats for children, youth and adults and the ninth is organized by the various districts and municipal entities. Similarly confessions are scheduled and outlined in the holy altar for 40 hours inviting penitents to pray, the day before leaving the family gets used to see the fireworks. Formerly it to the reign of Merceditas, girls dressed as the Virgin of the grants which fund raisers for the church aroused the interest of the villagers to collaborate with the parish. Each priest gives it his personal stamp on the holidays, this is the case of Father Hernando Poveda who organizes a cultural event where the various educational institutions prepare events (theater, poetry, etc..) And musical groups participating the concert in honor of patron, at 12 pm for 6 years is customary mariachi serenade the town where he sings happy birthday. In the field of sports for youth and adults show off their skills in various sports. It should be noted that during the holidays there are many pilgrims who visit our town in order to fulfill its promises. These days are held the first communions and confirmations of children throughout the year have been prepared to receive these sacraments, holding it very crowded and has the presence of the bishop. For the celebration of the patronal feast of 1986, is remembered the visit of Bishop Aníbal Muñoz Duque invited by the then priest Juan Angel Ortiz and received by Monsignor Agustín Sierra, a delegate from the diocese, with a majestic procession which culminated in the courtyard where was given the respective greeting and he paid the respective honors. Bishop Aníbal Muñoz Duque and Fr. Juan Angel Ortiz The Christmas and New Year
It is traditional not only celebrated in the temple but in all the homes around the manger where gather to pray the novena, share sweets and last night, December 24 uncover the gifts. For some years and in order to maintain the tradition Christmas cribs are manufactured in different neighborhoods community in the municipality. It is a familiar conclusion where absent children returning from the capital and other cities to be with their loved ones. The parish in turn produces a giant crib which own and tourists come to appreciate the ingenuity and creativity of its creators. Municipal administration also is present with the program championed by the managing society, which raises money to buy gifts distributed to all local children. To celebrate the new year preparing meals and parties are held in many homes where the family unit is anchored by New Year's kiss and tears and broken voices of mothers and wives who are mourning the absence of their loved ones, tonight for various reasons are not home. It is very common after 12 pm, the procession of people coming down to the park to dance and take the rhythm of the orchestra that the town hired to amenice the party. Some people, especially young people prefer to dismiss the clubs, share and wait with his friends the arrival of the new year. You can not ignore the holding of festivals like Corpus Christi, where it is traditional to make altars in the main streets of the municipality and the priest in procession with the blessed and enlivened by the marching band through each one of them and blessed ending at the temple with a Eucharistic celebration. The patronal feast of Our Lady of Mount Caramel
patron saint of the wires is a very special celebration was held on July 16 and the drivers of cars, motorcycles, trucks and all vehicles have a large parade through the main streets with their whistles announcing who profess devotion to its protective also culminating with a Eucharistic celebration and the blessing and sprinkling of holy water to each of the vehicles. Custom festive
In entertaining as all the peoples of Huila, is celebrated in June the San Juan and San Pedro. During this time it is customary to eat the roast Huila, prepares contraband spirits, the sweet wine, chicha maize, and the spirit of the region. Formerly, the most important was fiesta of San Juan, especially in rural areas, these festivities lasted 5 days. The village celebrated the San Pedro which was sponsored by the rounds that came from Garzon and / or Neiva. The sponsors of the celebration of St. John in the town were two brothers popularly known and one of them was nicknamed Cupcake, which was arming of drums and flute to make noise and wake up with this to people. Beer and liquor is distributed and neighbors visited delivering any drink accompanied by her sponge cake, is greeted screaming happy John!. Today this party has achieved great significance for the town. In the neighborhood Manizales Tierrradentro family and other inhabitants prepare corn chicha, the fermented and left on June 24 from two in the morning is starting to spread from house to house and municipal candidates to reign together with the band, invite all those who are awake at this hour to get your St. John.