El Cajon Mountain
|El Cajon Mountain|
View of El Capitan looking east from Sky Ranch development in Santee
|Elevation||3,648 ft (1,112 m) |
|Prominence||1,955 ft (596 m) |
|Location||San Diego County, California|
|Parent range||Cuyamaca Mountains|
The summit of El Cajon Mountain is at 3648 feet (1112 m). The mountain is almost completely surrounded by private property or an indian reservation, but the mountain itself is mostly within the Cleveland National Forest or the County of San Diego's El Capitan Open Space Preserve.
There are many different hikes and climbs up El Cajon Mountain, with difficulties ranging from a class 1 hike all the way up to a class 3 Scramble. All the climbs are difficult due to the considerable elevation gain. The trail head is located within the community of Lakeside, California.
- "GNIS Detail - El Cajon Mountain". Retrieved 30 October 2014.
- "El Cajon Mountain - peakbagger.com". Retrieved 30 October 2014.
- "San Diego River Park Foundation". San Diego River Park Foundation. Retrieved 30 October 2014.
- "El Cajon Mountain : SummitPost.org : Climbing, hiking, mountaineering". SummitPost.org. Retrieved 30 October 2014.
- "Hiking up to El Cajon Mountain Peak in the El Capitan Preserve". Retrieved 30 October 2014.
|This San Diego County, California–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|