El Cajon Mountain
|El Cajon Mountain|
|Elevation||3,677 ft (1,121 m)|
|Prominence||1,955 ft (596 m)|
|Listing||San Diego peaks list|
|Location||San Diego County, California|
|Topo map||El Cajon Mountain|
|Easiest route||Hike class 1|
The summit of El Cajon Mountain is at 3,677 feet (1,121 m). The mountain is almost completely surrounded by private property and an indian reservation, but the mountain itself is mostly within the Cleveland National Forest or the County of San Diego's El Capitan Open Space Preserve.
There are two main routes to climb El Cajon Mountain, the main class 1 trail hike from Lakeside, California, and several class 3 climbs up the south face, which is now private property and closed to public access. The main trail hike is considered one of the hardest hikes in San Diego County because of its steep climbs and rolling terrain.
- "El Cajon". NGS data sheet. U.S. National Geodetic Survey. Retrieved September 17, 2021.
- "El Cajon Mountain, California". Peakbagger.com. Retrieved September 17, 2021.
- "Sand Diego peaks list". San Diego Chapter, Sierra Club. Retrieved September 17, 2021.
- "San Diego River Park Foundation". San Diego River Park Foundation. Retrieved October 30, 2014.
- "El Cajon Mountain". SummitPost.org. Retrieved October 30, 2014.
- "San Diego River Park Foundation". sandiegoriver.org. Retrieved March 21, 2021.
- Crishazzard (March 17, 2021), English: Sign At Closed Area of El Cajon Mountain Summit Junction, retrieved March 21, 2021
- Hazzard, Cris (March 21, 2021). "El Cajon Mountain Trail Guide". HikingGuy.com. Retrieved March 21, 2021.