El Cajon Valley High School
|El Cajon Valley High School|
1035 East Madison Avenue
|Type||Public High School|
|School district||Grossmont Union High School District|
|Teaching staff||71.93 (FTE)|
|Grades||9 through 12|
|Student to teacher ratio||25.55|
|Color(s)||Red and Columbia blue|
|Website||El Cajon Valley High School|
El Cajon Valley High School (ECVHS) is a comprehensive public secondary school located in El Cajon, California, which is in the eastern county of San Diego, and serves students in grades nine through twelve. Established in 1955, El Cajon Valley is the third of twelve high schools to be built in the Grossmont Union High School District. ECVHS is the home of the Braves.
El Cajon Valley High school is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
ECVHS is located in El Cajon, an inland valley community approximately 17 miles east of San Diego, California.
- Adventure Club
- El Cajon Valley Theater Company (ECVTC)
- Academic League
- Christian Club
- Dance Team
- Freshman Class Offices
- German Club
- Leos Club
- Library Club
- Care Club
- Chaldean Club
- Newcomer HOPE Club
- Gay Straight Alliance
- Filipino Club
- Link Crew
- Friday Night Live
- Club Cristiano
El Cajon Valley's student body is composed of pupils from the following ethic backgrounds (2017-2018 school year):
- Hispanic or Latino of Any Race – 30%
- American Indian or Alaska Native – 0.35%
- Asian – 1.2%
- Pacific Islander – 0.75%
- Filipino – 1.9%
- African American – 7%
- White – 0.6%
- Two or More Races – 1.7%
- Not Reported – 56.5%
El Cajon Valley's athletic teams, the Braves, compete in the Valley League of the Grossmont Conference and the California Interscholastic Federation (CIF) – San Diego Section.
The school fields teams in the following sports: baseball, basketball, cross country, field hockey, football, gymnastics, soccer, softball, swimming, boys tennis, girls tennis, track & field, boys volleyball, girls volleyball, boys water polo, girls water polo, and wrestling.
El Cajon Valley High School: Mission Statement
ECV is a gateway to opportunity where everyone works together to graduate ALL students with high levels of critical thinking, academic achievement, and personal excellence. ECV will provide clear, relevant, rigorous instruction and a collaborative system of support, while helping students identify their strengths and achieve their goals, maximizing success after graduation.
El Cajon, El Cajon
We Give Praise To You.
Red and Blue, Red and Blue,
Stands For The Brave And True.
We'll Fight To Defend Your Honor, Fame.
We're Proud To Uphold Your Glorious Name
El Cajon, El Cajon,
Hail, Alma Mater, Hail!
- Bob Christian, Former professional baseball player (Detroit Tigers, Chicago White Sox)
- Mike Hartley, Former professional baseball player (Los Angeles Dodgers, Philadelphia Phillies, Minnesota Twins, Boston Red Sox, Baltimore Orioles)
- Joe Kennedy, Former professional baseball player (Tampa Bay Rays, Colorado Rockies, Oakland Athletics, Arizona Diamondbacks, Toronto Blue Jays)
- Mark Malone, Former professional football player (Arizona State, Pittsburgh Steelers, San Diego Chargers)
- James Wong, Writer/Director of Final Destination film series.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2015-09-27. Retrieved 2015-09-26.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "El Cajon Valley High". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved November 29, 2019.
- "California Department of Education Student Report". Retrieved 2015-09-25.
- "Mr. Devine's home page, which includes the ECVHS Mission Statement". Archived from the original on 2015-09-27.
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (February 2013)