El Cajon Valley High School
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|El Cajon Valley High School|
|1035 East Madison Avenue
El Cajon, California
|Type||Public comprehensive secondary|
|School district||Grossmont Union High School District|
|Grades||9 through 12|
|Color(s)||Red and Columbia blue|
|Website||El Cajon Valley High School|
El Cajon Valley High School (ECVHS) is a comprehensive public secondary school located in El Cajon, California, which is in the eastern county of San Diego, and serves students in grades nine through twelve. Established in 1955, El Cajon Valley is the third of twelve high schools to be built in the Grossmont Union High School District. ECVHS is the home of the Braves.
El Cajon Valley High school is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
ECVHS is located in El Cajon, an inland valley community approximately 17 miles east of San Diego, California.
- Adventure Club
- El Cajon Valley Theater Company (ECVTC)
- Academic League
- Christian Club
- Dance Team
- Freshman Class Offices
- German Club
- Leos Club
- Library Club
- Care Club
- Chaldean Club
- Newcomer HOPE Club
- Gay Straight Alliance
- Filipino Club
- Link Crew
- Friday Night Live
- Club Cristiano
El Cajon Valley's student body is composed of pupils from the following ethic backgrounds (2014-2015 school year):
- Hispanic or Latino of Any Race – 38.1%
- American Indian or Alaska Native – 0.35%
- Asian – 1.2%
- Pacific Islander – 0.75%
- Filipino – 1.9%
- African American – 8.1%
- White – 47.8%
- Two or More Races – 1.7%
- Not Reported – 0.1%
El Cajon Valley's athletic teams, the Braves, compete in the Valley League of the Grossmont Conference and the California Interscholastic Federation (CIF) – San Diego Section.
The school fields teams in the following sports: baseball, basketball, cross country, field hockey, football, gymnastics, soccer, softball, swimming, boys tennis, girls tennis, track & field, boys volleyball, girls volleyball, boys water polo, girls water polo, and wrestling.
El Cajon Valley High School: Mission Statement
ECV is a gateway to opportunity where everyone works together to graduate ALL students with high levels of critical thinking, academic achievement, and personal excellence. ECV will provide clear, relevant, rigorous instruction and a collaborative system of support, while helping students identify their strengths and achieve their goals, maximizing success after graduation.
El Cajon, El Cajon
We Give Praise To You.Hail, Alma Mater, Hail!
Red and Blue, Red and Blue,
Stands For The Brave And True.
We'll Fight To Defend Your Honor, Fame.
We're Proud To Uphold Your Glorious Name
El Cajon, El Cajon,
- Mike Hartley, Former professional baseball player (Los Angeles Dodgers, Philadelphia Phillies, Minnesota Twins, Boston Red Sox, Baltimore Orioles)
- Joe Kennedy, Former professional baseball player (Tampa Bay Rays, Colorado Rockies, Oakland Athletics, Arizona Diamondbacks, Toronto Blue Jays)
- Mark Malone, Former professional football player (Arizona State, Pittsburgh Steelers, San Diego Chargers)
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (February 2013)|
- El Cajon Valley High School
- Grossmont Union High School District
- El Cajon Valley High School Alumni Home Page
- El Cajon Valley High School Football Alumni Home Page – 50 Years of Braves History
- El Cajon Valley High School on Facebook
- El Cajon Valley High School on Twitter
- El Cajon Valley High School on Instagram