El Camino Hospital
|El Camino Hospital|
|El Camino Healthcare District|
|Location||Mountain View, Los Gatos, California, US|
El Camino Hospital is a non-profit hospital with 420 beds (Mountain View Main Campus) based on a 41-acre (17 ha) campus in Mountain View, California. There is a second, smaller hospital campus, El Camino Hospital, Los Gatos, in Los Gatos, with additional satellite clinics in the West Valley/Lower Peninsula area of Silicon Valley. Since September 2017, the CEO has been Dan Woods.
El Camino Hospital serves residents in the El Camino Healthcare District, a special tax district that includes Mountain View, Los Altos, Los Altos Hills, and portions of Sunnyvale, Santa Clara, and Cupertino, as well as people in surrounding communities. The hospital opened in 1961 following a successful ballot initiative in 1956 to establish the tax district and fund the construction of the hospital with $7.3 million in bonds. In 2009 it bought the former Community Hospital of Los Gatos and renamed it El Camino Hospital Los Gatos. Land was acquired in 2016 for a campus in San Jose.
El Camino Hospital has several times been designated a nursing magnet hospital by the American Nursing Credentialing Center. Specialties include cardiac care, dialysis, cancer care, maternal child health services, orthopedics, neurosurgery and behavioral health.
- "El Camino Hospital". Health Care: Best Hospitals. US News and World Report. Retrieved November 6, 2017.
- Kevin Forestieri (November 3, 2017). "Hospital's new CEO says patient care is top priority". Mountain View Voice. pp. 1, 8.
- Kevin Forestieri (July 28, 2017) [July 27, 2017]. "El Camino plans to open new clinic in San Jose". Mountain View Voice.
- Jennifer van der Kleut (September 23, 2011). "El Camino Hospital Turns 50". Los Gatos Patch.
- Casey Weiss (April 16, 2009). "It's official: El Camino adds Los Gatos site". Mountain View Voice.
- Kevin Forestieri (October 10, 2016) [October 7, 2016]. "El Camino Hospital nurses reject new contract". Mountain View Voice.
|This article relating to a hospital in California is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Santa Clara County, California building and structure-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|