El Capitan (disambiguation)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
El Capitan is the name of a rock formation in Yosemite National Park, California.
El Capitan (accented Capitán, "The Captain" in Spanish) may also refer to:
- Agathla Peak (El Capitan in Spanish), a peak south of Monument Valley, Arizona
- El Capitan (San Diego), a peak in East County, California
- El Capitan (Idaho), a peak in the Sawtooth Range, Blaine County, Idaho, United States
- El Capitan (Montana), a peak in the Bitterroot Range of western Montana
- El Capitan (Texas), a mountain in Guadalupe Mountains National Park, Texas
- El Capitán State Beach, California
- El Capitan Reservoir or Lake, a reservoir in central San Diego County, California
- El Capitan (Mars), a rock on Mars
- El Capitan Dam, San Diego River, California
- El Capitan High School, Lakeside, California
- El Capitan High School, Merced, California
- El Capitan (Arizona school), a public high school in Colorado City, Arizona
- El Capitan Theatre, Hollywood, California
- El Capitan Entertainment Centre, formerly Hollywood Masonic Temple, Hollywood, California
- SS El Capitan (1917), a cargo ship of Southern Pacific Company's Atlantic Steamship Lines (Morgan Line), serving as USS El Capitan (ID-1407) briefly in World War I and finally lost in World War II after dispersal of Convoy PQ 17.
- El Capitan (ferry), a San Francisco Bay ferry from 1868 to 1925
- El Capitan (train), a named passenger train
- El Capitan Books, a publisher of independent comic books and graphic novels
- Texas Derby, or the El Capitan series, an annual soccer competition between Texas teams Houston Dynamo and FC Dallas
Films and TV
- El Capitan (film), a 1978 film directed and produced by Fred Padula
- El Capitan (DuckTales), a villain from Disney's animated television series DuckTales
- El Capitan (operetta), composed by John Philip Sousa in 1896
- El Capitan, Sousa tune from El Capitan (operetta), covered in versions by Memphis Slim and others
- "El Capitán", mambo by Tony Pabón
- "El Capitan" (Idlewild song), by Scottish indie band Idlewild
- "El Capitan", a song by Californian based band OPM (band)
- OS X El Capitan, the twelfth major release of the OS X operating system from Apple Inc.
- Captain (disambiguation)
- Capitan (disambiguation)
- Kapitan (disambiguation)
- Il Capitano
- Derek Jeter
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title El Capitan.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.