El Cerrito Plaza station
Platforms at El Cerrito Plaza station in 2017
6699 Fairmount Avenue|
El Cerrito, California
|Owned by||Bay Area Rapid Transit|
|Platforms||2 side platforms|
AC Transit: 71, 72, 72M, 79, 80, 667, 668, 675, 684, G|
Bear Transit: RFS
|Bicycle facilities||30 lockers|
|Opened||January 29, 1973|
|Passengers (FY 2016)||5,131 exits/day|
El Cerrito Plaza is one of two elevated BART stations located in El Cerrito, California. It primarily serves southern El Cerrito, northern Albany, and Kensington, along with nearby areas of Berkeley and Richmond. Outside the station is the El Cerrito Plaza shopping center. Nearly identical in form to El Cerrito del Norte station, El Cerrito Plaza station has two side platforms serving the line's two elevated tracks, with a fare lobby underneath.
- Local: 71, 72, 72M, 79, 80
- Transbay: G
- School: 667, 668, 675, 684
The busways are also used by the Bear Transit RFS route. Several other AC Transit routes - including rapid route 72R, Transbay routes L and LC, and All Nighter route 800 - run on San Pablo Avenue 0.25 miles (0.40 km) to the west.
- "BART Chronology January 1947 – March 2009" (PDF). San Francisco Bay Area Rapid Transit District. March 2009. Archived from the original (PDF) on October 13, 2013.
- Bay Area Rapid Transit District. "Monthly Ridership Reports". Retrieved 6 February 2017.
- Kosman, Joshua (February 4, 2008). "Composer Liderman dies in apparent suicide". San Francisco Chronicle.
- "Transit Stops: El Cerrito Plaza Station" (PDF). Metropolitan Transportation Commission. March 29, 2017.
Media related to El Cerrito Plaza station at Wikimedia Commons
|This article relating to rapid transit systems in San Francisco is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Contra Costa County, California train station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|