El Dorado World Tour
|World tour by Shakira|
|Associated album||El Dorado|
|Start date||June 3, 2018|
|End date||November 3, 2018|
|No. of shows|
|Shakira concert chronology|
The El Dorado World Tour was the sixth world tour by Colombian singer Shakira, in support of her diamond certified eleventh studio album, El Dorado. Comprising a total of 54 shows, the tour visited Europe, Asia, North America and Latin America. It was her first tour in seven years, the last being The Sun Comes Out World Tour. The tour began on June 3, 2018, in Hamburg, Germany and ended on November 3, 2018 in Bogotá, Colombia. The tour was set to begin in November 2017, but due to a haemorrhage at Shakira's right vocal chord acquired at her last round of rehearsals, the entire tour was postponed to start mid-2018.
Following an anticipation tweet from Shakira's official account featuring the flags of 18 countries and a link that directed to a newsletter subscription from her music label, the tour was announced therefore three days later, on 27 June 2017, and will be sponsored by Rakuten. Also teaming on tour are Live Nation Entertainment's Global Touring Division (what had previously collaborated with Shakira on her The Sun Comes Out World Tour) and Citi, which are, respectively, the producer and the credit card for the North American leg of the tour. As part of the tour introduction, Live Nation posted a video via their official social networks as a further reminding of it.
The tour would begin on 8 November, in Cologne, Germany, but due to voice strain related problems with the singer during her tour rehearsals, the date was cancelled a day prior to the original tour schedule. On 9 November, for the same reason, she announced the postponement to later dates also for both shows in Paris, as well as the following ones in Antwerp and Amsterdam. On 14 November, she made an announcement through her social networks in which she reveals to have acquired a haemorrhage at her right vocal chord during end October, at her last batch of rehearsals, and needs to rest her voice for some time to be cured; so all European leg was postponed to happen in 2018. On 27 December 2017, she announced the postponement of all North American dates, and the rescheduling of all announced dates so far to happen mid-year; the tour officially started in June 2018.
On 22 January 2018, she announced three additional European dates for the cities of Hamburg, London and Bordeaux. A second Los Angeles show was added on 9 May; and, a day after, Shakira announced a date for Istanbul, 11 years after visiting Turkey with her Oral Fixation Tour, as well as the Latin American dates. After these, it was announced that the Colombian singer would visit Lebanon, to perform at the Cedars International Festival. Although some Israeli media had reported about a concert to be held in 9 July 2018 in Tel Aviv, which caused some controversial reaction, and a following threat of boycotting her Lebanese concert, supported by BDS, Live Nation confirmed through their Twitter account that no date was set for Israel due to scheduling problems.
On 29 June 2018, it was confirmed by the mayor of Shakira's hometown Barranquilla, Alejandro Char, that the native singer would perform at the inauguration of 2018 edition of the Central American and Caribbean Games, to be held in the Colombian city. For this special event, Shakira performed 3 songs ("Me Enamoré," "Hips Don't Lie," and "La Bicicleta") in the Estadio Metropolitano Roberto Meléndez on 19 July.
Preparations for tour as originally scheduled had started around late August 2017, with rehearsals taking place in Barcelona, as revealed by the singer herself. Shakira posted through her social networks a series of videos documenting the creative process of the tour since from the very early stages. Among the first of them there were one where she introduced part of her crew, and an immediately following to that one, posted a day after, where she is working out. As tour kept being rehearsed during October, more videos from backstage and rehearsals came out as promised. By then, one of the most commented videos by press coverage was one posted by Shakira's partner, Gerard Piqué, while he was attending her performing her 1997 single, "Antología". After the tour hiatus following the singer's health recovery, its rehearsals resumed on 9 May 2018, as Shakira has been keeping documenting her tour process through her social networks.
As part of tour interaction with fans during its original preparation and anticipation, on 7 August 2017 Shakira urged her followers through her social networks to collaborate in the selection of the list of songs that could be featured on tour, in a desire expressed by her of "this tour to be particularly special for her fans". In this way, Viber, a subsidiary of official tour sponsor Rakuten, carried out a poll for them to help her pick out some tracks. The winner choices were announced a week after, on the mobile platform. Seconding this research, Shakira has joined Viber again to promise a surprise contest for fans, on 10 October, that was announced two days later, on the same instant messenger application. One of the prizes was a trip to Barcelona to attend rehearsals. Rakuten Spain has delivered a similar prize contest (although valid only for Spanish residents), in which the winners were able to watch a private show by Shakira's team also in Barcelona, on 4 November, some days before tour officially kicked off originally. As for 2018 resuming rehearsals, the official Spanish tour sponsor has been posting anticipation notes through their social networks, and the partnership with Viber for exclusive content from tour has been kept too.
Crew members were announced by Shakira little by little, being one of the first ones Anna Kaiser, as her personal trainer, by videos and photos of the singer's AKT InMotion workout sessions. On 30 October 2017, Shakira herself revealed band members, including her longtime fellow musician contributors guitarist Tim Mitchell, keyboard player Albert Menendez and drummer Brendan Buckley. Besides them, there were, debuting on a Shakira tour, bass player Erik Kertes and violinist Caitlin Evanson. As for the actual tour start in mid-2018, all band members remain the same with the only exception of bassist Joe Ayoub who joins it to replace Kertes. Production design company Vita Motus was commissioned by the stage design, and Syndrome Studio was in charge as the graphic designer for screen backdrops. Among the clothing line creators in charge of designing costumes for tour are French fashion house Balmain, American fashion designer Brian Lichtenberg, and Colombian fashion designer Obando. For the most Spanish concerts, she wore a belt with feathers designed by Hawaiian-based online clothing store Iheartpolynesia, adapted from the same type of piece this shop had previously designed for Miss Latina Hawaii 2018.
Tickets for first 33 announced dates went on sale on 30 June 2017, two days after a Viber presale valid for just one day. Live Nation and Citi also offered additional presales in case of rescheduling, although the presale by the latter was valid only for performances within United States. Shakira also teamed up with Ticketmaster to sell tickets for tour. Ticket price ranges from 40 USD to over 2000 USD in both European and North American dates. Due to high demand, second dates were added to cities such as Paris, Barcelona, Miami, Los Angeles, and Mexico City.
In Mexico City, the show sold out within two days of going on sale, making Shakira the second female artist to sell out the Estadio Azteca following Gloria Estefan. A week later, a second date was added due to overwhelming demand, being the first female artist in history to add a second consecutive date in this stadium. In Ecuador, she broke the record previously held by Bruno Mars of having sold the most tickets during a pre-sale period. She is also the first artist to perform in Rosario's Estadio Gigante de Arroyito. Around 12,000 fans reportedly attended the opening show in Hamburg. According to Salva, the music producer and DJ in charge to be the opening act for most European concerts, the attendance for Amsterdam night was 20,000 people. In Istanbul, around 60,000 people attended the show according to Turkish media reports. She is the first artist to hold a concert in the newly renovated Vodafone Park Stadium. The revenue for her concert in Bsharri, Lebanon, was a total of US$2,000,000 according to some media means in the Middle East. In Miami and Los Angeles, she is the only female artist to have two shows in both American Airlines Arena and The Forum in 2018. With the two shows in Miami, this extends her record of having the most concerts in the venue of American Airlines Arena, 9 shows since Tour of the Mongoose, more than any artist. According to Billboard, the two sold out nights in Miami was the venue's biggest in 2018 with almost 3 million dollars.
This setlist was obtained from the show held on June 3, 2018 in Hamburg, Germany. It represents most of the tour concerts.
- "Estoy Aquí" / "¿Dónde Estás Corazón?" (remix)
- "She Wolf"
- "Si Te Vas"
- "Perro Fiel" (contains elements of "El Perdón", with Nicky Jam on screen)
- "Underneath Your Clothes" (remix)
- "Me Enamoré"
- "Chantaje" (featuring Maluma on screen)
- "Whenever, Wherever" (contains elements of "Ojos Así" and "Despedida" )
- "La Tortura" (Alejandro Sanz on screen)
- "Can't Remember to Forget You" (reggae mix, drum mix at the end with Rihanna on screen)
- "Loca" / "Rabiosa" (Medley)
- "La La La (Brazil 2014)" / "Waka Waka (This Time for Africa)" (Medley)
- Encore (Education Video Interlude)
- On all dates so far, "Rabiosa" is performed in its Spanish version.
- In Antwerp, both Paris dates, Zürich, Luxembourg, Bordeaux, Montpellier and Montréal, Shakira sang the Francis Cabrel's song "Je l'aime à mourir" (whose cover she recorded live for her live album Live from Paris and then released a studio version as a single to promote this album) instead of "Toneladas."
- In London, more pyrotechnics were added to “Estoy Aquí”.
- On selected dates (Spanish speaking countries), Shakira sang the Spanish versions of some of her English-speaking singles featured on tour, such as "Loba," "Suerte," "Waka Waka (Esto es África)" and "Loca."
- In Bilbao, "La La La (Brazil 2014)" was performed in Spanish, while in the rest of Spain dates, Shakira sang the English version.
- On the second Barcelona date, Shakira sang her cover of Sau's song "Boig per Tu" (which she recorded for her self-titled album), as a dedication to her father-in-law, Joan Piqué.
- In Istanbul and Bsharri, "Antología," "Toneladas" and her walk through the crowd were omitted.
- In the North American leg more pyrotechnics were added for "Perro Fiel" and "La Bicicleta".
- In the Latin American leg, more pyrotechnics were added to “Estoy Aquí”, “Perro Fiel”, “Me Enamoré” and “La Bicicleta”.
Broadcasts and recordings
On 27 August 2018, Shakira posted a video and then made a survey on her Twitter account about which one of the three Balmain shirts she alternately wore during first section of concert will be chosen for a next tour date. The day after that, Hans Nelson, a tour crew member, posted on his Instagram account that indeed the two concerts to be held at The Forum, Los Angeles, California, would be taped for a future live DVD release. On the date of the rescheduled second show in the city, the singer herself confirmed through her social networks that the concert of that day would be recorded for a concert film. Soon after the tour ended, Shakira announced she would have started the edition process of the tour DVD.
|Leg 1 — Europe[a]|
|June 3, 2018||Hamburg||Germany||Barclaycard Arena||Salva||—||—|
|June 5, 2018||Cologne||Lanxess Arena||—||—|
|June 7, 2018||Antwerp||Belgium||Sportpaleis||—||—|
|June 9, 2018||Amsterdam||Netherlands||Ziggo Dome||—||—|
|June 11, 2018||London||England||The O2 Arena||14,119 / 17,804||$1,203,810|
|June 13, 2018||Paris||France||AccorHotels Arena||29,067 / 31,700||$2,235,262|
|June 14, 2018|
|June 17, 2018||Munich||Germany||Olympiahalle||—||—|
|June 19, 2018||Esch-sur-Alzette||Luxembourg||Rockhal||—||—|
|June 21, 2018||Milan||Italy||Mediolanum Forum||—||—|
|June 22, 2018||Zürich||Switzerland||Hallenstadion||13,893 / 13,893||$1,062,990|
|June 24, 2018||Bordeaux||France||Bordeaux Métropole Arena||—||—|
|June 25, 2018||Montpellier||Sud de France Arena||—||—|
|June 28, 2018||Lisbon||Portugal||Altice Arena||17,219 / 18,565||$1,153,896|
|June 30, 2018||Bilbao||Spain||Bizkaia Arena||—||—|
|July 1, 2018||La Coruña||Coliseum da Coruña||—||—|
|July 3, 2018||Madrid||WiZink Center||15,810 / 15,810||$1,510,000|
|July 6, 2018||Barcelona||Palau Sant Jordi||—||—|
|July 7, 2018||—||—|
|July 11, 2018||Istanbul||Turkey||Vodafone Park||N/A||—||—|
|Leg 2 — Asia|
|July 13, 2018[b]||Bsharri||Lebanon||Cedars of God||N/A||—||—|
|Leg 3 — North America[a]|
|August 3, 2018||Chicago||United States||United Center||Salva||—||—|
|August 4, 2018||Detroit||Little Caesars Arena||—||—|
|August 7, 2018||Toronto||Canada||Scotiabank Arena||—||—|
|August 8, 2018||Montreal||Bell Centre||11,625 / 11,625||$1,149,640|
|August 10, 2018||New York City||United States||Madison Square Garden||12,921 / 12,921||$2,003,172|
|August 11, 2018||Washington, D.C.||Capital One Arena||12,954 / 13,654||$1,430,669|
|August 14, 2018||Orlando||Amway Center||—||—|
|August 15, 2018||Sunrise||BB&T Center||10,693 / 10,693||$1,058,920|
|August 17, 2018||Miami||American Airlines Arena||23,399 / 23,399||$2,824,054|
|August 18, 2018|
|August 21, 2018||Dallas||American Airlines Center||12,265 / 13,027||$1,331,059|
|August 22, 2018||Houston||Toyota Center||11,085 / 11,467||$1,486,730|
|August 24, 2018||San Antonio||AT&T Center||12,967 / 13,750||$1,417,604|
|August 26, 2018||Phoenix||Talking Stick Resort Arena||—||—|
|August 28, 2018||Los Angeles||The Forum||25,134 / 25,134[c]||$2,386,573[c]|
|August 31, 2018||Anaheim||Honda Center||12,169 / 14,457||$1,095,346|
|September 1, 2018||Las Vegas||MGM Grand Garden Arena||11,851 / 11,851||$1,331,232|
|September 3, 2018[d]||Los Angeles||The Forum||[c]||[c]|
|September 5, 2018||San Diego||Valley View Casino Center||9,539 / 9,539||$1,186,387|
|September 6, 2018||San Jose||SAP Center||—||—|
|September 7, 2018[e]||San Francisco||Bill Graham Civic Auditorium||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Leg 4 — Latin America|
|October 11, 2018||Mexico City||Mexico||Estadio Azteca||N/A||—||—|
|October 12, 2018|
|October 14, 2018||Guadalajara||Estadio Tres de Marzo||—||—|
|October 16, 2018||Monterrey||Estadio Universitario||—||—|
|October 18, 2018||Punta Cana||Dominican Republic||Hard Rock Hotel & Casino||—||—|
|October 21, 2018||São Paulo||Brazil||Allianz Parque||Cat Dealers||—||—|
|October 23, 2018||Porto Alegre||Arena do Grêmio||—||—|
|October 25, 2018||Buenos Aires||Argentina||Estadio Vélez Sarsfield||Marko Silva||—||—|
|October 27, 2018||Rosario||Estadio Gigante de Arroyito||—||—|
|October 30, 2018||Santiago||Chile||Estadio Nacional de Chile||Francisca Valenzuela||—||—|
|November 1, 2018||Guayaquil||Ecuador||Estadio Modelo Alberto Spencer||Naíza||—||—|
|November 3, 2018||Bogotá||Colombia||Parque Simón Bolívar||Systema Solar||—||—|
|Total||256,714 / 269,185||$25,867,344|
- All the European and North American dates are postponed from their original events for vocal rest after a haemorrhage acquired in Shakira's right vocal chord in October 2017.
- The concert of 13 July 2018 at Cedars Of God, Bsharri, was part of the Cedars International Festival.
- The score data is combined from the shows held at The Forum on August 28 and September 3.
- The show of September 3, 2018 at The Forum in Inglewood was originally scheduled on 29 August 2018 but was postponed to 3 September 2018 due to a virus infection acquired by Shakira.
- The concert of 7 September 2018 at Bill Graham Civic Auditorium in San Francisco is part of the Rakuten Optimism 2018.
- "A MESSAGE FROM SHAKIRA". Shakira.com. 14 November 2017. Retrieved 14 November 2017.
- "DECEMBER 27TH, 2017". Shakira.com. 27 December 2017. Retrieved 28 December 2017.
- "Stay tuned / Estén atentos …". Shakira's official Twitter account. 24 June 2017. Retrieved 22 August 2017.
- "It's time / Llegó la hora! #ElDoradoWorldTour". Shakira's official Twitter account. 27 June 2017. Retrieved 22 August 2017.
- "SHAKIRA ANNOUNCES EL DORADO WORLD TOUR, PRESENTED BY RAKUTEN". Shakira.com. 27 June 2017. Retrieved 27 June 2017.
- "Shakira Announces EL DORADO WORLD TOUR, Presented by Rakuten". Live Nation. 27 June 2017. Retrieved 28 September 2017.
- "You heard @shakira, she's heading out on her #ElDoradoWorldTour in 2018! You know you'll be dancing all night long". Live Nation's official Twitter account. 27 September 2017. Retrieved 28 September 2017.
- "MESSAGE FROM SHAKIRA RE COLOGNE SHOW / NOTA DE SHAKIRA SOBRE EL SHOW DE COLONIA". Shakira.com. 7 November 2017. Retrieved 7 November 2017.
- "to my fans and friends". Shakira's official account on Facebook. 9 November 2017. Retrieved 9 November 2017.
- "NEW DATES IN HAMBURG, LONDON & BORDEAUX". Shakira.com. 22 January 2018. Retrieved 22 January 2018.
- "Due to phenomenal demand, Shak has added a second #ElDoradoWorldTour show at the LA @theforum on August 29". Shakira HQ. Retrieved 9 May 2018.
- "Shak has just announced her first show in Turkey since 2007! She'll bring the #ElDoradoWorldTour to Istanbul on 11 July. Full info to follow! ShakHQ". Shakira HQ. Retrieved 10 May 2018.
- "LATIN AMERICA DATES ANNOUNCED!". Shakira.com. 10 May 2018. Retrieved 10 May 2018.
- "CEDARS INTERNATIONAL FESTIVAL ANNOUNCES SHAKIRA IN LEBANON". Cedars International Festival's page on Facebook. 11 May 2018. Retrieved 19 May 2018.
- "Shakira to play her first Israel gig in Tel Aviv in July". The Times of Israel. 5 May 2018. Retrieved 10 May 2018.
- Lemon, Jason (12 May 2018). "Shakira will perform in Lebanon this summer, but she'll perform in Israel first". StepFeed. Retrieved 15 May 2018.
- "The media has incorrectly reported that Shakira will be performing in Tel Aviv this summer. While no dates this summer will work, Shakira and Live Nation hope to bring a show to her fans in Israel in the future". Live Nation's official Twitter account. 28 May 2018. Retrieved 29 May 2018.
- "¡Confirmado! Shakira estará en la inauguración de los Juegos Centroamericanos y del Caribe" [Confirmed! Shakira will be on the Central American and Caribbean Games inauguration] (in Spanish). El Heraldo. 29 June 2018. Retrieved 29 June 2018.
- Paredes, Fátima (20 July 2018). "Shakira brilla en la inauguración de Barranquilla 2018" [Shakira shines on Barranquilla 2018 launch] (in Spanish). El Impulso. Retrieved 21 July 2018.
- "#ElDoradoWorldTour #21days #21días ShakHQ". Shakira's official Twitter account. 18 October 2017. Retrieved 19 October 2017.
- "The #ElDoradoWorldTour is getting close! Shak is going to give you an insight into her creative process… #staytuned ShakHQ". Shakira's official Twitter account. 25 September 2017. Retrieved 27 September 2017.
- "Stay tuned... #ElDoradoWorldTour". Shakira's official Twitter account. 29 August 2017. Retrieved 12 September 2017.
- "Getting ready for tour! Trying to get in shape. Preparándome para la gira de #ElDoradoWorldTour Shak". Shakira's official Twitter account. 30 August 2017. Retrieved 12 September 2017.
- "Just one month until #ElDoradoWorldTour begins! Check out Shak's inspiration boards... ShakHQ". Shakira's official Twitter account. 8 October 2017. Retrieved 10 October 2017.
- "Gerard Piqué se coló en los ensayos de Shakira y esto pasó" [Gerard Piqué was stuck in Shakira's rehearsals and this happened] (in Spanish). América Notícias. 10 October 2017. Retrieved 10 October 2017.
- "25 days / días… #ElDoradoWorldTour". Shakira's official Twitter. 9 May 2018. Retrieved 10 May 2018.
- "Day 2 of rehearsals: getting my feet ready! Día de 2 de ensayos! Así preparo mis pies! Shak". Shakira's official Twitter. 10 May 2018. Retrieved 10 May 2018.
- Cohen-Sheffer, Nathalie (8 August 2017). "You Get to Decide Shakira's El Dorado Tour Playlist!". Viber's official blog. Retrieved 23 August 2017.
- "VIBER POLL: EL DORADO WORLD TOUR". Shakira.com. 7 August 2017. Retrieved 22 August 2017.
- "THE RESULTS ARE IN". Shakira.com. 15 August 2017. Retrieved 22 August 2017.
- "Amazing #ElDoradoWorldTour prizes coming very soon on the @Viber messenger app... ShakHQ". Shakira's official Twitter account. 10 October 2017. Retrieved 11 October 2017.
- "VIBER CHALLENGE 1". Shakira.com. 12 October 2017. Retrieved 12 October 2017.
- "Still time to complete the poll in Shak's @Viber chatbot for chance to fly to Barcelona for tour rehearsals! ShakHQ". Shakira's official Twitter account. 16 October 2017. Retrieved 20 October 2017.
- "Participa y gana la oportunidad única de ASISTIR AL ENSAYO PRIVADO DE SHAKIRA en Barcelona, el sábado 4 de noviembre. ¡Sorteamos 10 invitaciones!" [Be part and win the unique opportunity to attend Shakira's private rehearsal in Barcelona, on Saturday, 4 November. We will draw ten invitations!] (in Spanish). Rakuten Spain's official Facebook account. 13 October 2017. Retrieved 20 October 2017.
- "Shakira El Dorado World Tour – Presented by Rakuten: "Party. Art. Joy." – tres palabras #Shakira usa para describir su próximo tour" [Shakira El Dorado World Tour – Presented by Rakuten: “Party. Art. Joy.” – three words #Shakira uses to describe her next tour.] (in Spanish). Rakuten Spain's official Twitter account. 28 May 2018. Retrieved 29 May 2018.
- "Shakira El Dorado World Tour – #Shakira y su equipo viajarán más de 27,000 kilómetros por Europa y América del Norte para su gira mundial. ¡No podemos esperar a que comience!" [Shakira El Dorado World Tour - #Shakira and her crew will travel more than 16 miles across Europe and North America for her world tour. We cannot wait for this to start!] (in Spanish). Rakuten Spain's official Twitter account. 25 May 2018. Retrieved 29 May 2018.
- "Sign up to Shak's official chatbot on @viber messenger to control the exclusive content you see from #ElDoradoWorldTour! / Sigan el chatbot oficial de Shak en la aplicación Viber para poder elegir qué contenidos exclusivos ver! ShakHQ". Shakira's official Twitter account. 1 June 2018. Retrieved 1 June 2018.
- ".@TheAnnaKaiser @AKTINMOTION getting me ready for tour! #ElDoradoWorldTour Shak". Shakira's official Twitter account. 6 September 2017. Retrieved 25 September 2017.
- "#MeetTheBand @Mit_C_Hell_ (guitar), @BrendanDrums (drums), @sterlinblu (keys), @caitlinbird (strings) & @erikkertes (bass) ShakHQ". Shakira's official Twitter account. 30 October 2017. Retrieved 31 October 2017.
- "Meet my band! Les presento a mi banda! Shak #ElDoradoWorldTour". Shakira's official Twitter account. 29 May 2018. Retrieved 30 May 2018.
- "EL DORADO WORLD TOUR 2018 SHAKIRA". Vita Motus Design Studio. Retrieved 8 July 2018.
- "SYNDROME STUDIO - Shakira El Dorado World Tour 2018". OZ Visual Design. Retrieved 8 July 2018.
- Salazar, Marco (4 June 2018). "¡Todos las sorpresas que Shakira preparó para El Dorado World Tour!" [All the surprises Shakira has prepared for El Dorado World Tour] (in Spanish). E! Online Mexico. Retrieved 29 June 2018.
- "El Dorado World Tour". FC Barcelona WAGS Style blog. 6 June 2018. Retrieved 29 June 2018.
- "SHAKIRA EL DORADO WORLD TOUR BRIAN LICHTENBERG ... BRIAN LICHTENBERG PATCHWORK GLITTER LEGGINGS". Brian Lichtenberg's official Tumblr. Retrieved 29 June 2018.
- "Colombian designer Obando! Del diseñador colombiano Obando! Shak #ElDoradoWorldTour". Shakira's official Twitter account. 13 June 2018. Retrieved 29 June 2018.
- "This is one of the greatest honors we could have ever had the opportunity to do. (...)". Iheartpolynesia's official Instagram. 3 July 2018. Retrieved 8 July 2018.
- "GET YOUR TICKETS NOW FOR EL DORADO WORLD TOUR!". Shakira.com. 30 June 2017. Retrieved 22 August 2017.
- "SHAKIRA X VIBER". Shakira.com. 28 June 2017. Retrieved 22 August 2017.
- "Get to see @Shakira on her #EldoradoWorldTour! Only @Ticketmaster #VerifiedTickets get you in. Guaranteed". Ticketmaster's official Twitter account. 16 July 2017. Retrieved 27 October 2017.
- "Tickets for Shak's extra Paris show on Nov 11 are on sale now! ShakHQ". Shakira's official Twitter account. 24 July 2017. Retrieved 27 October 2017.
- "Shakira has just announced a second Barcelona date on Nov 26 (to add to the Sold Out show on Nov 25) - tickets on sale Friday at 10am! SHQ". Shakira's official account on Twitter. 12 September 2017. Retrieved 12 September 2017.
- "JUST ANNOUNCED: Shakira will be performing a second show at AmericanAirlines Arena Saturday, January 13, 2018!". America Airlines Arena. Retrieved 27 October 2017.
- "Due to incredible demand, Shak has announced a second Mexico City show for the #ElDoradoWorldTour, on 12 October! ShakHQ". Shakira's official Twitter account. 21 May 2018. Retrieved 21 May 2018.
- "'El Dorado World Tour' de Shakira rompe record de ventas en México" [Shakira's 'El Dorado World Tour' breaks sales records in Mexico] (in Spanish). Shock.co. 21 May 2018. Retrieved 2 November 2018.
- "Shakira to come to Mexico in October". El Universal. 11 May 2018. Retrieved 23 May 2018.
- "Shakira rompió récord de Bruno Mars en primer día de venta" [Shakira broke Bruno Mars's previous record on the first day of sales] (in Spanish). Quebakan.com. 18 May 2018. Retrieved 21 May 2018.
- "Shakira startet «El Dorado»-Tour - 12'000 Fans feiern in Hamburg" [Shakira kicks off "El Dorado" Tour - 12,000 fans celebrate in Hamburg] (in German). Blick. 4 June 2018. Retrieved 6 June 2018.
- "20k in Amsterdam!!! #ElDoradoWorldTour". Salva's official Twitter account. 9 June 2018. Retrieved 8 July 2018.
- "The first concert to be held at the Vodafone Park. 🎉 About 60,000 people were in attendance". BesiktasTalk. 11 July 2018. Retrieved 12 July 2018.
- "شاكيرا تمنع تصوير حفلتها في لبنان" [Shakira forbids filming of her show in Lebanon] (in Arabic). Assabah News. 22 June 2018. Retrieved 8 November 2018.
- Hassan, Isra (12 June 2018). "شاكيرا المتأخّرة حطّت في بيروت ولم تأكل البقلاوة: "مرحباً لبنان" (صور وفيديو)" [An exhausted Shakira landed in Beirut and did not eat baklava: "Hello Lebanon" (Photos and Video)] (in Arabic). An-Nahar. Retrieved 8 November 2018.
- "¡Brutal! Así fue el primer concierto de la gira El Dorado de Shakira" [Awesome! That was the first gig from Shakira's El Dorado Tour] (in Spanish). Shock.co. 3 June 2018. Retrieved 4 June 2018.
- "MAGIQUE : AU MILIEU DE LA FOULE, SHAKIRA CHANTE « JE L'AIME À MOURIR » À PARIS (VIDÉO)" [Magic: in the middle of the crowd, Shakira sings "Je l'aime à mourir" in Paris (video)] (in French). Latina.fr. 13 June 2018. Retrieved 16 June 2018.
- "La noticia que entristeció a Shakira en su gran noche en Madrid" [The news that made Shakira sad on her big night in Madrid] (in Spanish). ¡Hola! Spain. 4 July 2018. Retrieved 8 July 2018.
- "Shakira dedica 'Boig per tu' a su suegro y hunde el Sant Jordi" [Shakira dedicates 'Boig per tu' to her father-in-law and thrills Sant Jordi] (in Spanish). El Periódico de Catalunya. 8 July 2018. Retrieved 8 July 2018.
- Oskay, Çınar (14 July 2018). "İyi ki geldin Barranquilla'nın güzel kızı!" [Very good, pretty girl from Barranquilla!] (in Turkish). Hürriyet. Retrieved 13 August 2018.
- Exposito, Suzy (11 August 2018). "Shakira Rocks, Body Rolls at New York Stop of El Dorado World Tour". Rolling Stone. Retrieved 13 August 2018.
- "Shakira comenzó su gira "El Dorado World Tour" por América Latina" [Shakira has kicked off her "El Dorado World Tour" tour in Latin America] (in Spanish). El Nuevo Día. 12 October 2018. Retrieved 2 November 2018.
- "En la cuenta regresiva del show de Rosario, Shakira colmó Vélez" [In the countdown of the concert in Rosario, Shakira filled Vélez] (in Spanish). La Capital. 26 October 2018. Retrieved 2 November 2018.
- "Guys, I need your help... / Me ayudan??? Shak". Shakira's official account on Twitter. 27 August 2018. Retrieved 28 August 2018.
- "Well, we made it to California!! Load-in day, done. Now for back-to-back LA shows. For those attending, you get to be part of the El Dorado Live DVD :)". Hans Nelson's account on Instagram. 28 August 2018. Retrieved 28 August 2018.
- "Good morning Los Angeles! Here are the times for tonight's rescheduled #ShakiraLA show at The Forum. Tonight's show will be recorded for a concert film - so if you're coming, dress to impress! (...) ShakHQ". Shakira's official account on Facebook. 3 September 2018. Retrieved 4 September 2018.
- Torres Cepeda, María Camila (6 November 2018). "La dura historia detrás de las lágrimas de Shakira en concierto en Bogotá" [The harsh story behind Shakira's tears during the concert in Bogota] (in Spanish). La FM. Retrieved 8 November 2018.
- "Shakira - Tour". Shakira.com. Retrieved 8 June 2018.
- "Yes DJ set". Salva's official Twitter account. 1 June 2018. Retrieved 1 June 2018.
- "Thank you so much @shakira!! Been an honor playing for your amazing fans. see u in Chicago everybody! #ElDoradoWorldTour". Salva's official Twitter account. 7 July 2018. Retrieved 8 July 2018.
- European dates boxscore:
- All the tour grosses only count the face value of the tour tickets.
- "Current Boxscore". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 4 July 2018. Archived from the original on 5 July 2018. Retrieved 8 July 2018.
- "Current Boxscore". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 18 July 2018. Archived from the original on 18 July 2018. Retrieved 18 July 2018.
- "Concert Pulse: Shakira, Chris Stapleton, Bob Dylan Arrive Ahead Of 3Q Charts". Pollstar. 3 Oct 2018. Archived from the original on 3 Oct 2018. Retrieved 3 Oct 2018.
- "Rakuten Optimism 2018 - Sept. 7 - San Francisco, CA". Rakuten US. Retrieved 2 June 2018.
- North American tour boxscore:
- All the tour grosses only count the face value of the tour tickets.
- "Current Boxscore". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 28 August 2018. Archived from the original on 28 August 2018. Retrieved 28 August 2018.
- "Current Boxscore". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 12 September 2018. Archived from the original on 12 September 2018. Retrieved 12 September 2018.
- "Current Boxscore". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2 October 2018. Archived from the original on 2 October 2018. Retrieved 2 October 2018.
- "Current Boxscore". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 10 October 2018. Archived from the original on 10 October 2018. Retrieved 10 October 2018.
- "Current Boxscore". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 17 October 2018. Archived from the original on 17 October 2018. Retrieved 17 October 2018.
- "Current Boxscore". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 1 November 2018. Archived from the original on 1 November 2018. Retrieved 1 November 2018.
- "Current Boxscore". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 7 November 2018. Archived from the original on 7 November 2018. Retrieved 7 November 2018.
- "A message from Shakira". Shakira.com. 30 August 2018. Retrieved 30 August 2018.
- "SHAKIRA. EL DORADO WORLD TOUR" (in Portuguese). Allianz Parque. 10 May 2018. Retrieved 15 May 2018.
- "Shakira – "El Dorado World Tour" - Porto Alegre" (in Portuguese). Jornal No Palco. 10 May 2018. Retrieved 15 May 2018.
- "Francisca Valenzuela abrirá el concierto de Shakira en el Estadio Nacional" [Francisca Valenzuela will open Shakira's concert at Estadio Nacional] (in Spanish). Culto. 19 October 2018. Retrieved 8 November 2018.
- "Shakira llegó a Guayaquil para concierto de su gira 'El Dorado World Tour'" [Shakira has arrived in Guayaquil for the concert of her tour 'El Dorado World Tour'] (in Spanish). El Universo. 31 October 2018. Retrieved 8 November 2018.
- "En video - Systema Solar, los encargados de abrir el concierto de Shakira en Bogotá" [In video - Systema Solar, responsible for opening Shakira's concert in Bogota] (in Spanish). El Heraldo. 1 November 2018. Retrieved 8 November 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to El Dorado World Tour.|