||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (April 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Birth name||Pablo Díaz-Reixa|
|Also known as||El Guincho|
|Genres||Tropicália, Latin alternative, psychedelic pop|
|Occupation(s)||Musician, record producer|
El Guincho is the recording alias of Spanish musician Pablo Díaz-Reixa. Also a member of Coconot, Díaz-Reixa rose to prominence with his 2008 album, Alegranza!. His musical style relies heavily on the use of sampling and incorporates elements of Afrobeat, dub, Tropicália and rock and roll. Díaz-Reixa achieves what he's described as a kind of "space-age exotica". He utilizes a Roland SP-404, and hails from Las Palmas in the Canary Islands.
- 2007: Folías (DC/Luv Luv)
- 2008: Alegranza! (Discoteca Océano, Junk)
- 2010: Piratas de Sudamerica (EP)
- 2010: Pop Negro (Young Turks)
- 2016: HiperAsia (Everlasting)
- Hughes, Josiah."El Guincho’s Tropical Sampling", Exclaim!, November 2008.
- Kharas, Kev (2008-02-26). "DiScover: el Guincho / In Depth // Drowned In Sound". Drownedinsound.com. Retrieved 2016-04-04.
|This article about a Spanish musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|