This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (April 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
El Guincho in 2017
|Birth name||Pablo Díaz-Reixa|
|Born||November 17, 1983|
Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Spain
Also a member of Coconot, Díaz-Reixa rose to prominence with his 2008 album, Alegranza!. His musical style relies heavily on the use of sampling and incorporates elements of Afrobeat, dub, tropicália and rock and roll. Díaz-Reixa achieves what he's described as a kind of "space-age exotica". He utilizes a Roland SP-404.
Díaz-Reixa was born an only child in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, in the Canary Islands. After finishing high school, he moved to Barcelona, Spain for college, where he majored in media studies. While in the city, he started to make music and was a member of the band Coconot 
Díaz-Reixa resides in Barcelona. In 2012, his mother was diagnosed with lung cancer, and he had to return to Las Palmas de Gran Canaria to take care of her, during that time he started to record HiperAsia. His mother died in 2014.
|Piratas de Sudamérica, Vol. 1||
- Canter, Danny. "El Guincho". Loud & Quiet. Retrieved 2019-03-28.
- Hughes, Josiah."El Guincho’s Tropical Sampling"[permanent dead link], Exclaim!, November 2008.
- Kharas, Kev (2008-02-26). "DiScover: el Guincho / In Depth // Drowned In Sound". Drownedinsound.com. Retrieved 2016-04-04.
- Sancho, Xavi (2008-03-28). "Pronto sabrás quién es El Guincho". El País. Retrieved 2019-03-28.
- Reynaldo, Shawn (2016-02-11). "El Guincho Isn't Worried About Disappointing You". SPIN. Retrieved 2019-03-28.
- Queipo, Alan (2016-03-28). "El Guincho. Sonido Primark". notodo.com. Retrieved 2019-03-28.
- Vernon, Lucas (2016-03-16). "El radical renacer de El Guincho". noisey.vice.com. Retrieved 2019-03-28.
|This article about a Spanish musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|