El Ikhwa Islands
Big Brother Island
Red Sea Governorate,
|Area||0.78 km2 (0.30 sq mi)|
Small Brother Island
|Area||0.26 km2 (0.10 sq mi)|
The islands are a dive site featuring corals and two wrecks: Numidia and Aida. The islands are also famed for encounters with Oceanic Whitetip and Hammerhead Sharks. However, they are only suitable for very experienced divers due to the islands' isolated position, the challenging dive conditions, and very strong currents. During high season there are many dive safari boats around both islands.
In 2012, CNN ranked Big Brother ninth in a list of the world's 50 best dive sites, and second in the Red Sea.
- Brothers Islands | Egypt Tourism Authority
- "Southern Red Sea Diving - Egypt - Brother Islands - The Brothers". Dive-the-world.com. Retrieved 2013-03-15.
- "Brothers Islands | Red Sea Dive Holiday". Scubatravel.com. Retrieved 2013-03-15.
- "www.emdb.gov.eg - Lighthouses". Web.archive.org. 2012-11-22. Archived from the original on November 22, 2012. Retrieved 2013-04-07.
- Bremner, Jade (6 April 2012). "Into the deep: World's 50 best dive sites". CNN.