El Loa Airport
El Loa Airport
|Owner||Dirección de Aeronautica Civil de Chile (DGAC)|
|Operator||Sociedad Concesionaria El Loa S.A|
|Elevation AMSL||7,543 ft / 2,299 m|
|Website||Website in DGAC|
The airport is 6 kilometres (3.7 mi) from the city centre. It currently accommodates aircraft with a maximum wingspan of 36m. There are plans to construct a second runway with capacity to accommodate wide body jets and military aircraft.
A new passenger terminal was inaugurated in 2014. With a total area of 8100 square meters, it includes three air bridges, an expanded apron and twelve commercial locations. In addition, there was extensive landscaping around the terminal and a new 500 space car park was built.
In parallel to the development of the new terminal, a new 28-metre (92 ft) high control tower, fire brigade service centre, Air Club Hangar, and Wastewater Treatment Plant were opened.
Airlines and Destinations
|JetSmart||Concepción, La Serena, Santiago de Chile|
|LATAM Chile||Santiago de Chile, La Serena|
|LATAM Perú||Lima (begins 2 July 2019)|
|Sky Airline||Concepción, Santiago de Chile|
The number of passengers has been: 2004: 247,821 2005: 273,275 2006: 315,725 2013: 1,441,566
- Airport record for Aeropuerto Internacional El Loa at Landings.com
- "Location of El Loa Airport". Google Maps. Google.com. Retrieved 10 February 2018.
- Airport information for El Loa Airport at Great Circle Mapper.
- Calama VOR
- Calama NDB
- Airport information for SCCF at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.
- Open Street Map - El Loa Airport
- Sky Vector - El Loa
- Current weather for El Loa Airport at NOAA/NWS
- Accident history for El Loa Airport at Aviation Safety Network
|This article about an airport in Chile is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|