El Modena High School
|El Modena High School|
|3920 Spring St.
Orange, CA 92869
|Established||Opened September 1966, Graduated first class June 1968|
|Website||El Modena High School|
El Modena High School, also known as called El Mo (or "ElMo"), is a traditional 4 year public high school located in the El Modena neighborhood in the eastern portion of the city of Orange in Orange County, California.
The school celebrated its 40th anniversary during the 2006-7 school year. El Modena High is part of the Orange Unified School District and competes in the Century League.
A vanguard, used as the school's mascot, is a soldier in the foremost division or the front part of an army. Vanguards are the troops assembled in the front line when going into battle, which is why the school newspaper is titled the The Frontline.
- Wrestling: CIF champions in 2000, 2003, and 2014.
- Softball: CIF champions in 2008
The El Modena Vanguard Marching Band and Colorguard is a state-recognized performing ensemble, competing in the Western Band Association circuit. They placed 5th in state in the A division in 2009 and 3rd in the AA division in 2010, 6th in the AA division in 2011, and 5th in the AA division in 2012.
Yearbook- El Modena boasts a national award-winning yearbook titled Escena, which means "scene" in Latin. The yearbook is annually sent to a national competition and has received a Gold Standard award for its book in the year 2007. In 2011, El Modena's yearbook staff received 12 individual and group awards before the publication of their book even began.
||This article's list of alumni may not follow Wikipedia's verifiability or notability policies. (April 2014)|
- Freddie Freeman (2007) - MLB First Baseman for the Atlanta Braves
- Robby Gordon - Professional race car driver
- Jimmy Hodson (1979)- Actor/TV Show Host/Announcer
- Wyatt Knight (1973) - Actor
- Michael Levitt - Emmy Award-nominated television producer
- Jeff Spek - NFL and USFL Tight end
- Milo Ventimiglia (1995) - Actor
- Haylie Wagner Professional sotball player, Michigan Wolverines pitcher
- El Modena High School - Orange, California - CA - school overview
- El Modena Frontline student news site
- Whitehead, Brian (January 30, 2013). "Skateboarder rides into business world". Orange County Register. Retrieved April 10, 2014.
- Leal, Fermin (November 20, 2013). "ElMo High grad's words are live on Saturday night". Orange County Register. Retrieved April 10, 2014.
- Bowman, Mark (March 30, 2011). "Divergent paths bring pals together for opener". MLB.com. Retrieved April 10, 2014.
- Fryer, Steve (June 11, 2007). "Freeman a shot in the arm". Orange County Register. Retrieved April 10, 2014.
- Glick, Shav (January 20, 1990). "Gordon Opens Busy Year With New Ride". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved April 10, 2014.
- "Milo Ventimiglia". Wizard World. Retrieved April 10, 2014.