El Rosario, Baja California
This article does not cite any sources. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Elevation||141 ft (43 m)|
|Time zone||Northwest US Pacific (UTC-8)|
|• Summer (DST)||Northwest (UTC-7)|
El Rosario is a small town on the west coast of the state of Baja California on Highway 1, 61 km south of San Quintín and 119 km north of Cataviña. The census of 2010 reported a population of 1,704 inhabitants. It is part of the Municipio of Ensenada.
The town is primarily agricultural, with the major crop being onions. There are several nearby fishing camps at Punta Baja and Isla San Jerónimo.
There are several markets in El Rosario ranging from mini markets and meat markets to traditional markets & Liquor stores.
Bocana Beach is located approximately 5 miles west of El Rosario through the Arroyo and over the dunes.
- Misión de El Rosario de Arriba
- Misión de El Rosario de Abajo
- Misión Dominica de Nuestra Señora del Santísimo Rosario de Viñadaco
- Tijuana is 360 km (220 mi) north.
- San Quintín is 61 km (38 mi) north.
- Cataviña is 119 km (74 mi) south.
- Santa Rosalía is 571 km (355 mi) south.
- La Paz is 1,130 km (700 mi) south.
- Cabo San Lucas is 1,254 km (779 mi) south (using Highway 19)
- "El Rosario". AllAboutBaja.com. Retrieved 28 December 2016.