El Santos vs. La Tetona Mendoza
|El Santos vs. La Tetona Mendoza|
|Directed by||Alejandro Lozano
|Produced by||Francisco Arriagada
Fernando de Fuentes
Jose C. Garcia de Letona
|Screenplay by||Augusto Mendoza|
|Starring||Daniel Giménez Cacho
José María Yazpik
|Edited by||Camilo Abadía|
|Distributed by||Videociné (Mexico)
Pantelion Films (United States)
El Santos vs. La Tetona Mendoza (The Santos vs. Big Tits Mendoza in Spanish) is a 2012 Mexican adult animated comedy film based on José Ignacio Solórzano (JIS) and Trino Camacho's comic strip series. It was released in Mexico on November 30, 2012. Along with the ensemble cast, the film stars Daniel Giménez Cacho, José María Yazpik, Héctor Jiménez and Regina Orozco. It was produced by Ánima Estudios (through its adult label, Átomo Films) and distributed by Videocine.
Santos suffers with the divorce from Tetona Mendoza. The population in Sahuayo live and work with the group of regenerative zombies. When the group of females arrive to visit, Tetona orders Santos to eliminate the zombies. After Santos and Cabo Valdivia evade them, they learn that if anyone kills all zombies will become the town’s saviour. Santos challenges Peyote Asesino to make sure who will win the love for Tetona. The next day, Santos fails to kill one of the zombies at the park. After Cabo inspects the DNA cells, Peyote uses the truck with the singers to lure the zombies through the canyon cliff.
Despite Santos‘ failure, the officers inform him about the town’s abnormal situation. As the president, Tetona summons the female group of aliens from outer space. As Santos, Cabo and Peyote evade them, the three wander around town. At the science room, Santos and Cabo inspect the plate filled with the remains of the zombie virus. The aliens recruit Peyote, detain Santos and Cabo, and destroy the remains. The aliens imprisoned one of the male adults and force the female ones to work at the strip club. After Santos unites with his friends, they are forced to stay in prison. Cabo, revealing to be one of the zombies, asks Santos to protect him and the zombies, before the decontaminating population can annihilate them. Santos and his friends win the first round in the game of soccer, but the others plan to escape. After losing the game in the second round, Santos and his friends escape from prison, assisted by the Dark Charro and the group of saddlers.
Santos becomes a hero, and uses the DNA sample to spread the infection for everyone and revive the zombie population. Santos disguises himself as one of the decontaminated guests and confronts Peyote. The fight at the strip ensues, until Peyote slips an avocado, suffers a bone fracture and ends up on a mechanical wheelchair. Santos goes to the bathroom, urinates the smoking weed from the bowel that he accidentally swallowed and suggests Tetona to forgive him. The married couple have children.
Cast and characters
- Daniel Giménez Cacho as Santos, an unemployed wrestler and Tetona's husband.
- José María Yazpik as Peyote Asesino, Santos' drug dealing rival.
- Héctor Jiménez as Cabo Valdivia, Santos' best friend and one of the zombies.
- Regina Orozco as Tetona Mendoza, Santos' wife.
- Joaquín Cosío as Police Officer, one of Santos' friends.
- Cecilia Suárez as Kikis Corcuera, one of Tetona's sidekicks.
- Irene Azuela as Rat Ling and Siren Lupe, one of Tetona's sidekicks.
- Jesús Ochoa as Devil Zepeda, one of Santos' friends.
- Cheech Marin as The Dark Charro, the leader of the saddlers.
- Dolores Heredia, Julieta Venegas and Rocio Verdejo as Space Poquianchis, the group of female aliens.
- Andrés Bustamante as various characters
- Guillermo del Toro as Gamborimbo Ponx, Santos' talking orange.
- Odiseo, Bruno and Demián Bichir as Pork Gutiérrez, the group of brothers inspiring The Three Little Pigs.
The film's soundtrack was available in iTunes, along with the ensemble song "Zombilaridad".
- El Santos box office
- ""El Santos vs. La Tetona Mendoza" llega a la pantalla grande". International Business Times. May 15, 2012. Archived from the original on January 26, 2013. Retrieved August 3, 2012.
- "Las voces de El Santos Vs. La Tetona Mendoza". November 18, 2012. Retrieved 12 November 2013.
- "Se presentará "El Santos vs la tetona Mendoza" en el Festival Annecy 2013". Cronica.com.mx. 1 May 2013. Retrieved 31 May 2013.