|Miguel Ángel Rodríguez|
|Birth name||Miguel Ángel Rodríguez García|
|Also known as||El Sevilla|
10 June 1970 |
San Juan de Aznalfarache, Seville, Andalusia
|Years active||1994–present (Mojinos Escozios)|
Miguel Ángel Rodríguez Jiménez (born 10 June 1970 in San Juan de Aznalfarache, Seville, Spain) aka El Sevilla is a Spanish actor and the lead singer of the comedy rock band Mojinos Escozios. He is also a contributor on radio programs on Cadena 100 and National Spanish Radio.
In 1994, he created the rock band, Mojinos Escozios, when he met the other members, Vidal Barja Sr., Vidal Barja Jr., Juan Ramón Artero, and Juan Carlos Barja, in Mollet del Vallés, Barcelona. The group has sold more than 2 millions albums and performed over 450 concerts in Spain. They have released 12 albums.
He has his own program on Spanish radio station Cadena 100 titled La junla hosted by José Antonio Abellán; and another with the famous program Afectos Matinales on National Spanish Radio with Jordi Tuñón and Queralt Flotats.
He was the center of some controversy for comments made on La junla Sálvame's Jorge Javier Vázquez.[clarification needed] Vázquez sued Rodriguez for defamation and was awarded €250.00. However, Vazquez was actually only compensated with 10.000 €.[why?]
El Sevilla has appeared on several television programs such as Andreu Buenafuente's La cosa nostra, Jesús Vazquez's La central and as an anchorman on La noche de Fuentes y Cía. by Manel Fuentes. He also made cameos on others productions, including Plats bruts, 7 Vidas, Los Lunnis and Land Rober, and was a panel judge on Gente de primera.
In February 2010 he appeared as a contestant on ¡Más que baile! over Jorge Javier Vazquez's protests. The episode was controversial due to some alleged favouritism toward one of the participants, Belén Esteban: Despite her poor rehearsal and performance, she won.
- El Cid: The Legend (2003)
- Isi/Disi. Amor a lo bestia (2004)
- Sinfín (2005)
- Isi/Disi. Alto Voltaje (2006)
- Summer Rain (2006) (uncredited)
- Ekipo Ja (2007)
- Marco (2011)
- Memorias de un Homo Erectus (2003)
- Diario de un Ninja (2004)
- El hombre que hablaba con las ranas (2010)
- La ley de El Sevilla (2012)
- Carta a Jorge Javier Vazquez, YouTube.
- Jorge Javier reclama a "El Sevilla" 250.000 por presunta difamación, additional text.
- Jorge Javier gana en los juzgados a 'El Sevilla, El Economista.
- '¡Mira quién baila!' une en el escenario a Belén Esteban y Víctor Janeiro, El Mundo.es.
- 'El Sevilla': "Belén Esteban será la ganadora del concurso 'Más que baile!" ("Belén Esteban will be the next winner of Mira quien baila"), 20 minutos.