El Tari Airport
|El Tari Airport
Bandar Udara El Tari
|IATA: KOE – ICAO: WATT|
|Airport type||Public / Military|
|Owner||Government of Indonesia|
|Operator||PT Angkasa Pura I|
|Location||Kupang, East Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia|
|Elevation AMSL||102 m / 335 ft|
El Tari Airport (Indonesian: Bandar Udara El Tari) (IATA: KOE, ICAO: WATT) is an airport in Kupang, East Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia. The airport is named after El Tari, the governor of East Nusa Tenggara from 1966 to 1978. The airport's ICAO code was changed from WRKK to WATT in 2004.
Airlines and destinations
Accidents and incidents
- On 27 November 2009, Batavia Air Flight 711, operated by a Boeing 737-400 made an emergency landing after a problem was discovered with the landing gear.
- On 2 December 2009, Merpati Nusantara Airlines Fokker 100 PK-MJD made an emergency landing when the left main gear failed to extend. There were no injuries among the passengers and crew.
- On 10 June 2013 a Merpati Nusantara Airlines airplane made undershoot approach, then hard landed and blocked the runway, but surprisingly all 50 passengers (including crew) were safe.
- On 21 December 2015 a Kalstar Aviation Embraer ERJ-195 PK-KDC overshoots the runway at El Tari Airport in Kupang.
- Airport information for WATT at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.
- Kupang-Eltari Airport profile at Aviation Safety Network
- "Merpati Air Plane Passengers Unharmed in Emergency Landing". Bernama. Retrieved 4 December 2009.
- "Merpati Plane Crash-Lands in Kupang: All Survive". 10 June 2013.
- "Kalstar E195 incident at Kupang". 21 December 2013.
- Airport information for WATT / KOE at Great Circle Mapper.
- Accident history for WATT / KOE at Aviation Safety Network
|This article about an Indonesian airport is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This East Nusa Tenggara location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|