El Toro Relajo
|"El Toro Relajo"|
|Single by Selena|
|from the album Dreaming of You|
|Released||December 24, 1995|
|Format||CD promo single|
|Selena singles chronology|
"El Toro Relajo" (Eng.: The Partying Bull) is the title of a popular mariachi song written by Felipe Bermejo and has been recorded by several artists. Selena recorded the song in 1994 for the soundtrack of the 1995 film Don Juan DeMarco.
Enrique Lopetegui of the Los Angeles Times wrote: "But it's the two new Spanish ranchera songs [El Toro Relajo and Tú Sólo Tú], backed by El Monte's Mariachi Sol de Mexico, that are most impressive, as Selena effortlessly adapted to a difficult style she wasn't very familiar with."
Linda Ronstadt version
The song was included on the album Dreaming of You, recorded by Selena, and was released as the fifth single from that album (the second in Spanish). The single could not match the success of the previous singles in the Billboard Hot Latin Tracks, peaking only at number 24.
- Chart Performance
|US Billboard Hot Latin Tracks||24|
|US Billboard Latin Regional Mexican Airplay||14|
- Arranged and produced by: José Hernàndez
- Vocals: Selena
- Chorus and special guests: Mariachi Sol de México
- Engineered by: Bruce Robb
- Mixed by: Robb Bross, Productions
- Recorded at: Cherokee Studio, CA
- Selena's vocals recorded at: Q-Zone Studios, Corpus Christi, TX.
- Lopetegui, Enrique (18 July 1995). "Album review / Pop : Satisfying Last Album From Selena". Los Angeles Times. Tribune Company. Retrieved 13 May 2011.
- ""Hot Latin Tracks" on Billboard.com". Retrieved 1995-12-23. Check date values in:
- ""Latin Regional Mexican Airplay" on Billboard.com". Retrieved 1995-12-16. Check date values in: