El derecho de vivir en paz
This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|El derecho de vivir en paz|
|Studio album by|
|Víctor Jara chronology|
The title song from this album,"El derecho de vivir en paz" (The right to live in peace), was originally dedicated to the Vietnamese communist leader Ho Chi Minh, as the United States waged war in Vietnam. After the Pinochet regime took power in Chile, Victor Jara was subsequently tortured and murdered. In the wake of Jara’s death, “El Derecho de Vivir en Paz” has since served as a chilling memento for the Chilean people. The song was widely sung by protesters during the 2019 Chilean protests including by a people's ensemble of almost a thousand guitarists. Subsequently to lend their support to the protesters, Chilean musicians living around the world released their own version on Facebook. Another rendition of the song was released by a Chilean all-stars ensemble with artists including Francisca Valenzuela, Mon Laferte and Gepe to show their support for the Chilean resistance.
All songs written by Víctor Jara except where indicated.
- "El derecho de vivir en paz" [The right to live in peace] – 4:34
- "Abre la ventana" [Open your window] – 3:55
- "La partida" [The departure] – 3:26
- "El niño yuntero" [Boy of the Yoke] (Miguel Hernández, Jara) – 3:44
- "Vamos por ancho camino" [Making our way via broad avenues] (Jara, Celso Garrido Lecca) – 3:17
- "A la molina no voy más" [I won't go back to the mill] (popular Peruvian song) – 3:13
- "A Cuba" [To Cuba] – 3:59
- "Las casitas del barrio alto" [lit. Uptown neighbourhood, adap. of Little Boxes] (Malvina Reynolds, Jara) – 2:30
- "Con el alma llena de banderas" [Our hearts are full of banners] – 4:00
- "Ni chicha ni limoná" [Nor fish nor fowl] – 3:23
- "Plegaria a un labrador" [Prayer to a laborer] – 3:16
- "B.R.P." [Brigada Ramona Parra] (Jara, Víctor Rojas, Lecca) – 3:14
- Victor Jara – vocals
- Nik (28 February 2012). "Víctor Jara "El Derecho de Vivir en Paz"". Rising Storm. Retrieved 29 October 2019.
- "Victor Jara - El Derecho de Vivir en Paz". Discogs. Retrieved 29 October 2019.