|Known for||extensive body piercings|
When examined by a Guinness World Record official in May 2000, Davidson had 462 piercings, with 192 in her face alone. By August 9, 2001 when she was re-examined she was found to have 720 piercings. Performing at the Edinburgh Festival in 2005, the Guardian reported that she now had 3,950 body piercings. She has more piercings in her genitalia than in any other part of the body - 500 in all, externally and internally. The total weight of her internal piercings is estimated to be about 3 kilograms. As of May 2008, Davidson's piercings total 5,920. As of Feb. 2009 her piercings total 6,005. In March 2010, Davidson reported a total of 6,725 piercings. As of March 2012, she has over 9,000.
She was born in Brazil and is a former nurse. She does not drink or use drugs. She now resides in Edinburgh, Scotland. On June 8, 2011, Davidson married Douglas Watson, a man with no piercings. At the time of her wedding, news reports claimed her total number of piercings was 6,925. The couple later divorced in 2012. Davidson continues to reside in Edinburgh.
- "Guinness World Records - Human Body - Extreme Bodies - Most Pierced Woman". Guinness World Records. 2001-08-09. Retrieved 2007-08-26.
- "Elaine Davidson shows off just some of her 3,950 body piercings and tattoos to publicise her Brazilian Life theatre workshop". Guardian. 2005. Retrieved 2007-08-26.
- "Pierced lady "scared to go home"". Reuters. 2003-11-13. Retrieved 2007-08-26.
- World's most pierced woman gets married to balding civil servant By Andrew Hough10:00PM BST 08 Jun 2011 for The Telegraph
- "Jingle Belle". San Francisco Chronicle. May 16, 2008. Retrieved 2008-05-17.
- "World's most pierced woman adds to her collection". telegraph.co.uk. February 23, 2009. Retrieved 2009-02-23.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Elaine Davidson.|