|Occupation||Food Blogger, Author|
Elana Amsterdam is the New York Times Bestselling author of Paleo Cooking from Elana's Pantry. She writes cookbooks for gluten-free cooking, using almond flour and coconut flour as a gluten-free alternative to wheat flour. Her book, The Gluten-Free Almond Flour Cookbook, was named one of the "Best Cookbooks of 2009" by The Denver Post. Amsterdam has partnered with the California Almond Board in conjunction with her works. Her blog, elanaspantry.com, was named one of the top 50 food blogs by Cision. Amsterdam contributed an article to Shape Magazine and she was featured on Fox News's On the Hunt with Jonathan Hunt.
In November 2006 Amsterdam started Elana's Pantry, a go-to website for healthy, gluten-free, grain-free, paleo recipes and lifestyle tips.
Her second book, Gluten-Free Cupcakes: 50 Irresistible Recipes Made With Almond And Coconut Flour was released in 2011 by Celestial Arts.
Amsterdam’s third cookbook, Paleo Cooking from Elana's Pantry: Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Dairy-Free Recipes was released in 2013 by Ten Speed Press. It made the New York Times best seller list on July 7, 2013.
Early life and education
- Cowles, Gregory. "Print & E-Books". The New York Times.
- Shaw, Tucker (December 2, 2009). "Causing a STIR: Best cookbooks of 2009". The Denver Post. Retrieved 19 December 2011. External link in
- Board, Almond. "California Almond Board". Retrieved 3 January 2012.
- "Almond Flour: The New Super Food?" (PDF). Shape. April 2010. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2016-03-04.
- "Elana's pantry: Paleolithic Diet offers gluten free options". Fox News. March 14, 2013.
- "Elana Amsterdam, 30". Crain Communications Inc. October 12, 2012.
- Amsterdam, Elana. "About". Retrieved 23 September 2016.
- Board, Almond. "Gluten Free Living". Retrieved 23 December 2011.
- Cowles, Gregory (July 7, 2013). "New York Times Best Seller List". New York Times'. Retrieved October 11, 2013. External link in
- Shaw, Tucker (December 2, 2009). "Causing a STIR: Best cookbooks of 2009". The Denver Post'. Retrieved March 5, 2014. External link in
- Schnell, Caramie (May 11, 2011). "Classic (gluten-free) cupcakes: Elana Amsterdam's latest book, ‘Gluten Free Cupcakes,' includes 50 recipes that use almond and coconut flour". Vail Daily. Retrieved January 4, 2012. External link in
- "Holiday Gifts Wrap up one of these big, beautiful cookbooks". St. Paul Pioneer Press. December 10, 2009. Retrieved January 4, 2012. (subscription required) Quote (from Google search summary): "'The Gluten-Free Almond Flour Cookbook' by Elana Amsterdam...Elana Amsterdam of Boulder, Colo., offers dozens of wheatless recipes..."
- Sutter, Cindy (June 1, 2011). "Cupcakes go gluten-free: Cookbook author shows that big taste can come in small portions". The Daily Camera. Retrieved January 4, 2012. External link in
- "Career Confidential: Food allergies at work". The Daily Camera. July 13, 2009. Retrieved January 4, 2012. External link in
- Pence, Cassie (March 23, 2010). "Vail Valley: Breaking bread — gluten free and all". Vail Daily. Retrieved January 4, 2012. External link in
- "Gluten-free but still tasty, There are more and better options for avoiding wheat". Philadelphia Inquirer. November 5, 2009. Retrieved January 4, 2012. (subscription required) Quote (from Google search summary): "In her Gluten-Free Almond Flour Cookbook (Clarkson Potter, 2009) the ingenious celiac Elana Amsterdam offers another possible approach, a sandwich bread..."