|Type||Public company (NV)|
|Revenue||US$608 million (2021)|
|US$−129 million (2021)|
|US$−129 million (2021)|
|Total assets||US$973 million (2021)|
|Total equity||US$451 million (2021)|
Number of employees
|2,179 (April 2021)|
Elastic NV is an American-Dutch company that was founded in 2012 in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, and was previously known as Elasticsearch. It is a search company that builds self-managed and software as a service (SaaS) offerings for search, logging, security, observability, and analytics use cases.
The company develops the Elastic Stack—Elasticsearch, Kibana, Beats, and Logstash—previously known as the ELK Stack, free and paid proprietary features (formerly called X-Pack), Elastic Cloud (a family of SaaS offerings including the Elasticsearch Service), and Elastic Cloud Enterprise (ECE).
Elasticsearch technology is used by eBay, Wikipedia, Yelp, Uber, Lyft, Tinder, and Netflix. Elasticsearch is also implemented in use cases such as application search, site search, enterprise search, logging, infrastructure monitoring, application performance management, security analytics (also used to augment security information and event management applications), and business analytics. The Elasticsearch meetup community totals more than 100,000 members. Elastic is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol ESTC.
Citing headwinds from the global macroeconomic environment, Elastic NV announced a 13% reduction in headcount on November 30, 2022.
- "Elastic N.V. 2021 Annual Report (Form 10-K)". SEC.gov. U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. 25 June 2021.
- Kepes, Ben. "Elasticsearch Changes Its Name, Enjoys An Amazing Open Source Ride And Hopes To Avoid Mistakes". Forbes. Retrieved 2019-04-10.
- DeFrancesco, Robert (2019-09-29). "Elastic's Core Search Technology Powers Multiple Growth Levers". Forbes. Archived from the original on 2019-09-30. Retrieved 2019-09-29.
- Gupta, Yuvraj (2017). Mastering Elastic Stack. Birmingham, UK: Packt Publishing. pp. 11–13. ISBN 978-1-78646-001-1.
- "Elastic Cloud: Hosted Elasticsearch, Hosted Search | Elastic". www.elastic.co. Retrieved 2019-04-10.
- Shukla, Pranav (2017). Learning Elastic Stack 6.0: A beginner's guide to distributed search. Birmingham, UK: PACKT. p. 315. ISBN 978-1-78728-186-8.
- Ward, Mark (2019-07-12). "Why search is no longer all about Google". www.bbc.com. Archived from the original on 2019-07-12. Retrieved 2019-10-01.
- "Elastic enters APM space with Opbeat acquisition". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2019-10-09.
- "Elasticsearch groups". Meetup. Retrieved 2019-04-10.
- Colville, Jordan Novet, Waverly (2018-10-05). "Elastic ESTC IPO stock makes debut on NYSE". www.cnbc.com. Retrieved 2019-04-10.
- "CEO Ash Kulkarni's email to Elastic employees". Elastic Blog. Retrieved 2022-12-02.
- Kepes, Ben (2016-09-15). "In an attempt to disrupt Splunk, Elastic makes another acquisition". Network World.
- Yegulalp, Serdar (2017-05-05). "Elasticsearch stack wises up with machine learning". InfoWorld.
- "Elastic acquires search startup Swiftype". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2019-10-09.
- Gagliordi, Natalie (2019-06-06). "Elastic buys endpoint security firm Endgame for $234 million". ZDNet.
- Kerner, Sean Michael (2021-08-23). "Elastic acquires build.security for security policy definition and enforcement". TechCrunch.
- Ben-David, Ricky (2021-08-23). "Open code software giant Elastic to buy Israeli startup, open Tel Aviv R&D site". The Times of Israel.