|• Total||12 km2 (5 sq mi)|
|• Density||970/km2 (2,500/sq mi)|
|• Official||Malayalam, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Nearest city||Chittaattukara at Elavally|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Thrissur|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Manalur|
|Climate||hot, humid (Köppen)|
- Elavally (എളവള്ളി in Malayalam) is a village in Thrissur district in the state of Kerala, India. It is a vast and beautiful village in Chavakkad Taluk of Thrissur District of Kerala State in Southern India. It includes the places of:
- Elavally North (പാറ), is lying in between Kadavalloor on the north, Parakad on the east, Elavally South on the south and Chittaattukara on the west. It is occupied with an excellent Durga Temple, having self installed growing granite statue.
- Cheloor (ചേലൂര്), is north eastern part of Parakad, is a hilly area. ചേലൂർക്കുന്ന്, alias चेलपुराचलः or the Cheloor hills is occupied with an excellent Ayyappa Temple.
- Parakad (പറയ്ക്കാട്), is dominant with rice fields and hilly area.
- Vaaka (വാക), is coming south to Cheluur and south-east to Parakad having rice fields and vegetative lands.
- Elavally South (മമ്മായി), is surrounded by Peruvalloor, Elavally North, Vaka and Pandarakad.
- Pandarakad (പണ്ടാറക്കാട്), is surrounded with Elavally North, Thaamarappilli, Elavally and kadavalloor
This village is famous with the great scholars, mathematicians, littérateurs, artists, architects and farmers in the past and present.
2. Professor P. C. Vasudevan Elayath (വാസുദേവന് എളയത്) was born in Elavally village on.15.06.1912. He was a prolific scholar in the Indian system of Nyaya e inpistemology, and was also a poet in Sanskrit. He acquired the Sastraratnam and Sahitya Siromani honours from Ramavarman the King of Cochin. He learnt Kavyas from his father Vasudevan Elayath-Senior and the Nyaya Epistemology from Panditarajan Mantitta Sastrasarman, Panditarajan Achyuta Potuval and Sastraratnam Rama Varier etc. His works include: The Sabarisagitanjali, Krishnagiti Translation into Malayalam, Guruvayur Maahatmyam, et
3. Professor P.K. Koru (15.1.1890―16.01.1968), the 20th century Astronomer, Mathematician was from Chittaattukara of the Elavally village, who wrote a Malayalam commentary to Puthumana Somayaji's Karanapaddhati―a mathematical treatise in Sanskrit―which had printed in Malayalam script. As an independent political leader he represented Guruvayur Constituency to the Kerala Legislative Assembly between 1957-1959. Nakshatra Dipika, Malayalam Technical Lexicon, Jyotisha Balabodhini are his other major works. Also see the link:
4. Puthankulam Narayanan Achari was a 20th-century architect, artist, Indian President's Award Winner.
5. Elavally Sankaran Kutty Achari was a 20th-century architect.
- "Census of India : Villages with population 5000 & above". Archived from the original on 2008-12-08. Retrieved 2008-12-10.
|last1=in Authors list (help)