Elba Township, Knox County, Illinois
Location in Knox County
Knox County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 2, 1852|
|• Total||36.38 sq mi (94.2 km2)|
|• Land||36.38 sq mi (94.2 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2) 0%|
|Elevation||676 ft (206 m)|
|• Density||8/sq mi (3/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||61428, 61436, 61458, 61489, 61529, 61572|
|GNIS feature ID||0428945|
Elba Township is one of twenty-one townships in Knox County, Illinois, USA. As of the 2010 census, its population was 291 and it contained 124 housing units. Its name was changed from Liberty Township on June 8, 1853.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 36.38 square miles (94.2 km2), all land.
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these four cemeteries: Catterton, Elba, Kightlinger and Pleasant Hill.
- Farmington Central Community Unit School District 265
- Williamsfield Community Unit School District 210
- Illinois's 17th congressional district
- State House District 74
- State Senate District 37
- "Elba Township, Knox County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-02-25.
- United States Census Bureau 2009 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
||Truro Township||Millbrook Township, Peoria County|
|Haw Creek Township||Brimfield Township, Peoria County|
|Maquon Township||Salem Township||Elmwood Township, Peoria County|