14 October 1930 |
Cerrato has had 21 solo exhibitions in Argentina and abroad, including, the Buenos Aires Museum of Modern Art, Museo de Bellas Artes de Caracas and the Art Museum of the Americas, USA. From 1962, she participated in more than 150 group exhibitions with paintings, drawings, installations, performances in Americas and Europe; including eight International Biennials where she received awards.
She is Professor Consultant of Art at the Universidad de Buenos Aires and Academic Advisor to other universities in South America
Cerrato has published articles, produced Artist’s films, participated in radio programs, partaken as a member of academic and artist juries and given conferences and seminars.
People that have written about her work include, Juan Calzadilla, Margarita D’Amico, Aldo Pellegrini, Rubén Astudillos, Marta Traba, Jorge Glusberg, Horacio Safons, Roberto Guevara, Sofía Imbert, Luis Lozada Sucre, Rosa Faccaro, César Magrini, Elsa Flores Ballesteros, Aldo Galli, Dora Fornaciari, Ernesto Ramallo, León Benarós, Jacobo Romano, Alfredo Andrés, Lelia Driven, Elena Oliveras, Raúl Santana, Alberto Collazo, Albino Diéguez Videla, Eduardo Carvallido, Julio Sapolnik, Bélgica Rodríguez, Moraima Guanipa, Rubén Wisotzki, Maritza Jiménez, Jorge López Anaya and Ana Longoni.
- 1978 – ArteUna 
- 1986 – Memory in Edges
- 1989 – The Eye and the Fissure - Arte Nuevo Gallery (Alvaro Castagnino)
- 1990 – Picturae Lapidis Volantis
- 1992 – Paintings. Acrylic on canvas paintings.
- 1993 – Painting and Metamorphosis
- 1993 – Cosmogonies
- Panorama de la Pintura Argentina, Aldo Pellegrini, 1967, Ed. Paidós, Bs. As.
- Horacio Safons, Elda Cerrato: Pintura y Metamorfosis, catálogo exposición, Sala Alternativa, 1993, Caracas