|Minister of National Security of Azerbaijan Republic|
24 July 2004 – 17 October 2015
|Preceded by||Namig Abbasov|
|Born||January 1, 1956|
Eldar Mahmudov Ahmad oglu (Azerbaijani: Eldar Mahmudov Əhməd oğlu) is an Azerbaijani politician formerly serving as the Minister of National Security of Azerbaijan Republic.
Mahmudov was born in Baku in 1956 to the family of a scientist. He graduated from the Bunyadzadeh Institute of Economy in 1978 (B.A. in Finance) and Baku State University in 1993 (B.A. in Law). He holds the military rank of Lieutenant General as of March 16, 2005. Eldar Mahmudov is married and has three children.
In 1980-2004 Mahmudov worked in the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Azerbaijan Republic. His duties included preventing organized crime and criminal investigation. In 1993, Mahmudov was appointed the Branch Chief of the Drugs Enforcement Department of the Ministry of Interior, afterwards promoted to the position of the deputy chief of the same department. In 1993-2003, Mahmudov was Chief of the Economic Crimes Department and the Operative Economic Coordination Bureau. In the beginning of 2004, he was appointed Chief of the Anti-Drugs Department.
Mahmudov frequently represented Azerbaijan at different conferences and seminars dedicated to the issues of war on terrorism, corruption, human trafficking, illegal drugs trade held in different countries within the framework of the influential international organizations. He participated in production of numerous international law documents, including the United Nations Convention against Corruption. On July 24, 2004 he was appointed the Minister of National Security by President Ilham Aliyev. On October 17, 2015 he was stripped of Ministry by decree of President Ilham Aliyev.
- "MNS Profile. Eldar Mahmudov". Archived from the original on 2010-11-25. Retrieved 2010-11-15.
- "Biographies. Eldar Mahmudov". Retrieved 2010-11-15.
- "Махмудов Эльдар Ахмед оглы" [Eldar Mahmudov Ahmed oglu]. Archived from the original on 2010-11-26. Retrieved 2010-11-15.
- "E.Ə.Mahmudovun Azərbaycan Respublikasının milli təhlükəsizlik naziri vəzifəsindən azad edilməsi haqqında Azərbaycan Respublikası Prezidentinin Sərəncamı" [Decree of President of Republic of Azerbaijan on the conclusion of E.A.Mahmudov service as Minister of National Security]. Retrieved 2015-10-17.
- "QANUNVERİCİLİK" [Legislation]. Archived from the original on 2010-11-25. Retrieved 2011-01-17.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Eldar Mahmudov.|