Eldorado High School (New Mexico)
|11300 Montgomery Blvd. NE
Albuquerque, New Mexico 87111
|Type||Public high school|
|Color(s)||Texas Orange, Gold, White|
|Athletics conference||NMAA, 6A Dist. 2|
|Rival||La Cueva High|
The NMPED (New Mexico Public Education department) replaced the "No child left behind act" and AYP testing with a new school grading formula, which took effect for the 2010–11 school years. The grade is calculated usung many forms of testing, and includes graduation rates.
|School year||Grade from NMPED|
After the 2014 realignment, Eldorado competes in the New Mexico Activities Association 6A-District 2, along with Sandia High School, La Cueva High School, Manzano High School and Highland High School. Eldorado's mascot is the Golden Eagles and has nineteen teams participating in twelve boys and girls sports; Eldorado's main rival is La Cueva High School.
Sports and State Titles
- Matthaus Hawkins, Music Producer
- Trent Dimas, Olympic gold medalist
- Jim Everett, professional football player
- Daniel Faris, professional basketball player
- Christian Parker, professional baseball player
- Jay Roach, film director
- Devon Sandoval, professional soccer player
- Vince Warren, Super Bowl champion
- Daniel Crothers, Justice, North Dakota Supreme Court
- Kyle Weiland, professional baseball player
- Anthony Yanez Emmy award winning meteorologist
The Eldorado Marching Band is directed by Brad Dubbs and Stephen Snowden and is ranked first overall in Albuquerque competitions, ranked fourth in the New Mexico state competitions, and ranked 176th in the USA (current in 2014). The average band roster contains around 130 students; and was selected to be the New Mexico Honor Band in 2012.
|This New Mexico school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|