Eleanor Beauchamp, Duchess of Somerset
|Lady Eleanor Beauchamp|
|Baroness de Ros
Duchess of Somerset
Wedgenock, Warwickshire, England
|Died||6 March 1467 (aged 58–59)
Baynard's Castle, London, England
|Spouse(s)||Thomas de Ros, 8th Baron de Ros
Edmund Beaufort, 2nd Duke of Somerset
Thomas de Ros, 9th Baron de Ros
Richard de Ros
Margaret de Ros, Baroness Botreaux
Eleanor Beaufort, Countess of Ormonde
Lady Elizabeth Beaufort
Henry Beaufort, 2nd Duke of Somerset
Margaret Beaufort, Countess of Stafford
Edmund Beaufort, styled 3rd Duke of Somerset
Lady Anne Beaufort
John Beaufort, styled Marquess of Dorset
Lady Joan Beaufort
Lord Thomas Beaufort
Lady Mary Beaufort
|Father||Richard de Beauchamp, 13th Earl of Warwick|
|Mother||Elizabeth de Berkeley|
Lady Eleanor Beauchamp, Baroness de Ros and Duchess of Somerset (September 1408 – 6 March 1467) at Wedgenock, Warwickshire, England, was the second daughter of Richard de Beauchamp, 13th Earl of Warwick and Elizabeth de Berkeley, daughter of Thomas de Berkeley, 5th Baron Berkeley.
- Margaret de Ros (b. 1425 – d. 10 December 1488), married firstly (as his second wife) William de Botreaux, 3rd Baron Botreaux (d. 1462), secondly Thomas Burgh, 1st Baron Burgh of Gainsborough.
- Thomas de Ros, 9th Baron de Ros (b. 9 September 1427 – d. 17 May 1464)
- Richard Ros (b. 8 March 1429 – after 1492)
Eleanor married Edmund Beaufort, 2nd Duke of Somerset sometime between 1431 and 1433 in an unlicensed marriage, although this was pardoned on 7 March 1438. He was the son of John Beaufort, 1st Earl of Somerset and Lady Margaret Holland. They had the following surviving issue:
- Eleanor Beaufort, Countess of Ormonde (b. between 1431 and 1433 - d. August 16, 1501), married firstly James Butler, 5th Earl of Ormonde and secondly Sir Robert Spencer.
- Joan Beaufort (b. 1433 – d. 11 August 1518), married firstly Robert St Lawrence, 3rd Baron Howth and secondly Sir Richard Fry.
- Anne Beaufort (b. 1435 – d. 17 September 1496), who married, Sir William Paston (b. 1436 – died before 7 September 1496), a younger son of William Paston (1378–1444), Justice of the Common Pleas.
- Henry Beaufort, 3rd Duke of Somerset (b. 26 January 1436 – d. 15 May 1464)
- Margaret Beaufort, Countess of Stafford (b. 1437 – d. 1474), married firstly Humphrey, Earl of Stafford and secondly Sir Richard Darell.
- Edmund Beaufort, 4th Duke of Somerset (b. 1439 – d. 4 May 1471)
- John Beaufort, Earl of Dorset (b. 1441 – 4 May 1471)
- Thomas Beaufort (b. 1442 – d. 1517)
- Elizabeth Beaufort (b. 1443 - died before 1475), married Sir Henry FitzLewis.
- Mary Beaufort (b. between 1431 and 1455)
She married thirdly to Walter Rokesley. There was no known issue from this marriage.
- Charles Mosley, editor, Burke's Peerage and Baronetage, 106th edition, 2 volumes (Crans, Switzerland: Burke's Peerage (Genealogical Books) Ltd, 1999), volume 1, page 220.
- Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 614.
- Lundy, Darryl (18 May 2005). "Lady Eleanor Beauchamp". The Peerage. Retrieved 6 October 2009.
- Crawley, Charles. "Medieval Lands: England, Earls – Created 1067–1122". Retrieved 27 October 2009.
- Alison Weir, Britain's Royal Family: A Complete Genealogy (London, U.K.: The Bodley Head, 1999), page 106.
- The Lineage and Ancestry of H.R.H. Prince Charles, Prince of Wales, by Gerald Paget, Vol. I, p. 23.
- "Royal Ancestry" 2013, Douglas Richardson Vol. IV. p. 654
- "Royal Ancestry" 2013, Douglas Richardson Vol. IV. p. 502
- Davis 1971, p. lvii.
- Alison Weir, Britain's Royal Family: A Complete Genealogy (London, U.K.: The Bodley Head, 1999), page 105.
- The Complete Peerage of England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain, and the United Kingdom, by George Edward Cokayne, Vol. II, p. 422.
- "Royal Ancestry" 2013, Douglas Richardson Vol. IV. p. 503
- Royal Ancestry" 2013 Douglas Richardson Vol. IV. p. 653
- "Royal Ancestry" 2013, Douglas Richardson Vol. IV. p. 655