Eleanor Friedberger (2009)
|Born||September 2, 1976|
|Origin||Oak Park, Illinois|
|Occupation(s)||Singer, songwriter, musician|
|Instruments||Vocals, guitar, keyboards|
|Labels||Merge Records, Frenchkiss Records|
|Associated acts||The Fiery Furnaces|
Eleanor Friedberger (born September 2, 1976) is an American singer, songwriter and multi-instrumentalist. She is best known as one half of the indie rock duo The Fiery Furnaces, alongside her older brother Matthew Friedberger. In the band she contributes the majority of the vocals both on record and during their live performances.
In 2011, The Fiery Furnaces went on hiatus, with both Friedberger siblings embarking upon solo careers. To date, Eleanor has released four solo studio albums: Last Summer (2011), Personal Record (2013), New View (2016) and Rebound (2018).
Friedberger was born in Oak Park, Illinois, and grew up singing with her grandmother Olga Sarantos and family in a Greek Orthodox church.
Friedberger released her first solo album Last Summer on 12 July 2011 through Merge Records. Friedberger released her second album, Personal Record, on 4 June 2013.  Her third album, New View, was released on 22 January 2016. It is her first release on Frenchkiss Records, having released her first two albums through Merge Records.. Her fourth album, Rebound, was announced on February 14th 2018, with the release of first extract "In Between Stars". The album was released on May 4th.
Friedberger's brother Matthew dedicated his 2006 solo album, Winter Women, to her.
She has dated both Britt Daniel of Spoon and Alex Kapranos of the Scottish rock band Franz Ferdinand. The Spoon song "Anything You Want" and the Franz Ferdinand song "Eleanor Put Your Boots On" are both written about her.
As the co-lead of The Fiery Furnaces
- Gallowsbird's Bark (2003)
- Blueberry Boat (2004)
- EP (2005)
- Rehearsing My Choir (2005)
- Bitter Tea (2006)
- Widow City (2007)
- Remember - Double live album (2008)
- I'm Going Away (2009)
- Take Me Round Again (2009)
- Phares, Heather. "Biography: The Fiery Furnaces". AMG. Retrieved 8 May 2010.
- "Merge Records: Last Summer official album page". Merge Records. Archived from the original on 29 April 2011. Retrieved 30 April 2011.
- "Official Website". Retrieved 5 March 2013.
- "Eleanor Friedberger Announces New Album New View, Shares "He Didn't Mention His Mother"". Retrieved 30 October 2015.
- "Accidents Happen: Britt Daniel on the Songs of Spoon - Pitchfork". pitchfork.com. Retrieved 7 May 2018.
- "The". 1 March 2009. Retrieved 7 May 2018.
|This article about a United States rock singer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|