The attraction entrance at Disney California Adventure
|Disney California Adventure|
|Area||Hollywood Pictures Backlot|
|Opening date||October 8, 2010|
|Closing date||April 15, 2012|
|Replaced by||Mad T Party|
|Designer||Walt Disney Imagineering|
|Music||Electro house, electronic|
ElecTRONica was a nighttime event at Disney California Adventure, part of the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, California. Located in the Hollywood Pictures Backlot section of the park, ElecTRONica premiered on October 8, 2010. The attraction featured music, dancing, beverages and a re-creation of Flynn's Arcade from the Tron franchise. For a limited time, guests could also watch a sneak preview of the 2010 film Tron: Legacy in the Muppet*Vision 3D theater. The attraction was discontinued on April 15, 2012, and was replaced two months later by Mad T Party, another nighttime event based on Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland.
Conceived as a tie-in to the Tron: Legacy film, ElecTRONica was a successor of sorts to GlowFest, a nighttime dance party that took place at Disney California Adventure during the summer of 2010. Disney held an open call in September for hip-hop dancers with martial arts experience. ElecTRONica debuted on October 8 and was originally scheduled to run until April. It was then extended through Labor Day, and Disney later announced the event would continue through April 15, 2012. Mad T Party, a similar show based on Tim Burton's Alice In Wonderland, replaced it, beginning on June 15, 2012.
While scenes from Tron: Legacy were shown across building facades in the Hollywood Land area, a grid-like DJ platform made up ElecTRONica's centerpiece, as a live DJ played electronic dance music from such artists as Daft Punk.
Also appearing on stage was Laserman, created, performed tricks set to music with lasers and lights. A new version of the show premiered in June 2011; titled "Laserman: R3CONF1GUR3D", it featured new choreography as well as music from the Daft Punk remix album, Tron: Legacy Reconfigured.
End of Line Club
Based on the night club located inside the Grid during Tron: Legacy, the End of Line Club served glowing alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. Among the alcoholic options were Glowjito mojitos and blinking Digitini martinis. Non-alcoholic choices included Coke Zero and Laser Light Lemonade. A nearby food truck offered nachos and chocolate cake.
In this replica of the arcade seen in the Tron films, guests played vintage 1980s video games such as Tron (based on the original movie), Battlezone, Centipede, Frogger, Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Junior, Donkey Kong 3, Mario Bros., Popeye, Pac-Man, Ms. Pac-Man, Pole Position, Red Baron and Zaxxon. Flynn's Arcade also housed what Disney Imagineer Craig Pierce claimed was the world's only coin-operated version of Space Paranoids, a game that had previously existed in the original Tron film. All games required a token, or the equivalent of a quarter, to play. Located just outside the arcade, guests could have also played the 2010 Tron: Evolution game.
Tron: Legacy sneak preview
- MacDonald, Brady (August 6, 2010). "'Tron: Legacy' Dance Party Set for Disney California Adventure This Fall". The Los Angeles Times. Retrieved August 29, 2011.
- Tully, Sarah (October 8, 2010). "Disney Park Launches 'Tron'-Themed Parties Friday". The Orange County Register. Archived from the original on March 17, 2012. Retrieved August 29, 2011.
- Lecaro, Lina (March 15, 2011). "No Underage Teens on Ecstasy at Disney-Sponsored Rave!: ElecTRONica Pumps Up The Mouse House with LA DJs, Lazers and Liquor". LA Weekly. Retrieved August 29, 2011.
- Glover, Erin (June 9, 2011). "The Grid Remains Open at ElecTRONica Through Spring 2012". DisneyParks. Retrieved August 29, 2011.
- "Disneyland Resort official site: Mad T Party". Retrieved February 6, 2012.
- Kornhaber, Spencer (October 8, 2010). "What to Expect from Disneyland's New ElecTRONica Spectacle". OC Weekly. Retrieved August 29, 2011.
- MacDonald, Brady (October 11, 2010). "Review: ElecTRONica Dance Party Enlivens Sleepy Disney California Adventure". The Los Angeles Times. Retrieved August 29, 2011.
- Trowbridge, Robin (June 9, 2011). "Laserman: R3CONF1GUR3D Show Opens Tonight at ElecTRONica". DisneyParks. Retrieved August 29, 2011.
- Trowbridge, Robin (October 18, 2010). "Relax and Re-energize in the Heart of Tron City at the End of Line Club at ElecTRONica". DisneyParks. Retrieved August 29, 2011.
- Graser, Marc (December 11, 2010). "'Tron' Served in Byte-Sized Morsels". Variety. Retrieved August 29, 2011.
- Hamilton, Ian (October 9, 2010). "Flynn's Arcade at Disney - Relive Classic Gaming for a Quarter". The Orange County Register. Archived from the original on October 19, 2011. Retrieved August 29, 2011.
- Guinigundo, Andy (October 11, 2010). "Out of the Loop: The world of 'Tron Legacy' comes to California". Orlando Attractions Magazine. Retrieved February 8, 2015.