|Traded as||BSE: 505700 |
|Founder||Ishwarbhai B. Patel|
|Prayasvin B. Patel, Chairman & MD|
|Products||Material handling systems |
|Revenue||₹1,274.7 crore (US$180 million) (2016-17)|
|₹164.0 crore (US$24 million) (2016-17)|
|₹10.8 crore (US$1.6 million) (2016-17)|
Elecon Engineering Company Limited is an Indian company specialised in the manufacture of industrial equipments. Elecon is one of the largest Asian manufacturers of material handling equipment, industrial gear systems and mining equipment.
Elecon Engineering was established in 1951 in Goregaon, Mumbai by Ishwarbhai B. Patel. The company's early focus was on Engineering, Procurement and Construction projects in India. It initially manufactured custom manufacturing conveyor systems. The company was registered as a Private Limited company on 11 January 1960. In May 1960, the company moved to its current location in Vallabh Vidyanagar, Gujarat (now part of Anand). Later, the company was listed on the Bombay Stock Exchange and the National Stock Exchange.
In 1976, the company established its Gear Systems Division, specialising in power transmission equipment. It designs and manufactures worm drives, helical gears, spiral bevel gears as well as a range of couplings. Its products target a range of industries, including steel rolling mills, wind turbines, marine applications and space applications.
In 1995, Elecon established its Alternate Energy Division, for the design and manufacture of wind turbines.
In 2012, Elecon Engineering secured two prestigious orders: NTPC and Tecpro Systems.
- "57th Annual Report, 2016–17" (PDF). Elecon Engineering Company Ltd. Retrieved 15 January 2017.
- "About Us". Elecon Engineering Company Limited. Archived from the original on 11 November 2011. Retrieved 2011-12-30.
- "Elecon set to acquire Benzlers Radicon Group from David Brown Gear Systems". Machinist.in. 29 October 2010. Retrieved 30 December 2011.
- "Radicon Joins Asian Market-Leader in Industrial Transmissions". Radicon. November 2010. Archived from the original on 28 October 2011. Retrieved 2011-12-30.
- "Elecon Engineering Group acquires UK based Benzlers-Radicon Group". Elecon Engineering Company Ltd. 28 October 2010. Archived from the original on 22 February 2012. Retrieved 2011-12-30.