Elections in Alderney
|This article is part of a series on the
politics and government of
Elections in Alderney are held for the positions both of President and Member of the States of Alderney. The President of the States of Alderney is directly elected every four years. Half of the ten States Members are elected every two years for a four year mandate, which means that every four years the composition of the parliament changes completely. The last election was held on 6 December 2008, and the turnout of over 700 people produced a frequency of 65.6%. The whole island is a single constituency.
Voters are eligible to be inscribed on the electoral roll of Alderney if they are:
- 17 or over (being able to vote from the age 18);
- have been ordinarily resident in Alderney for 12 months up to 15 October of the year in which inscription is requested;
- are ordinarily resident in Alderney;
- are not subject to a legal disability.
Notes and references
- "Electoral registration form". Retrieved 23 March 2013.
|This United Kingdom election-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|