Electoral district of Avoca
Location in Victoria
|“||Commencing at the source of the River Avoca in the Main Dividing Range ; thence northwards by that river and by a line bearing north to the River Murray ; thence by the River Murray to the River Loddon; thence south-wards by the River Loddon to McNeil's Creek;[a] thence by McNeil's Creek to the Main Dividing Range; and thence westerly by the Main Dividing Range to the commencing point aforesaid, including the parish of Tarnagulla.||”|
|Member 1||Term||Member 2||Term|
|George Samuel Evans||Oct 1859 – Jul 1861||James Macpherson Grant||Oct 1859 – Jul 1870|
|Benjamin George Davies||Aug 1861 – Feb 1880|
|Peter Finn||Oct 1870# – Jan 1871|
|James Macpherson Grant||Apr 1871 – Apr 1885|
|Thomas Langdon||May 1880 – Mar 1889||George Enright Bourchier||Jun 1885# – Mar 1889|
# = by-election
- "Re-Member (Former Members)". State Government of Victoria. Retrieved 12 April 2013.
- "An Act to alter the Electoral Districts of Victoria and to increase the number of Members of the Legislative Assembly thereof" (PDF). Australasian Legal Information Institute. 1858. Retrieved 10 March 2014.
- "'VIC-1861-census_01 page xxxv". Historical Census and Colonial Data Archive. Retrieved 13 March 2014.
- "The New Victorian Legislative Assembly". Western Mail. Trove. 20 April 1889. Retrieved 24 April 2013.
- "The Victorian Parliament". South Australian Register. Trove. Retrieved 18 April 2013.
- Electoral district of Avoca Map at State Library of Victoria