|Counties of Murray, King and Georgiana|
New South Wales—Legislative Council
|State||New South Wales|
|Namesake||Murray County, King County, Georgiana County|
The Electoral district of Counties of Murray, King and Georgiana and from 1851, Counties of King and Georgiana was an electorate of the partially elected New South Wales Legislative Council, created for the first elections for the Council in 1843. The electoral district included the south western counties of Murray, King and Georgiana. Polling took place at Queanbeyan, Yass and Wheeo, which were within the counties and the nearby towns of Braidwood, Goulburn and Bathurst. The towns of Queanbeyan and Yass were removed from the district with the expansion of the Council in 1851 and combined with Braidwood and Goulburn to form the Southern Boroughs. The rural area of the County of Murray became part of the Counties of Murray and St Vincent and leaving the district to cover the remaining rural areas of the Counties of King and Gergiana.
At all three elections, there was only one candidate who was therefore elected unopposed. In 1856 the unicameral Legislative Council was abolished and replaced with an elected Legislative Assembly and an appointed Legislative Council. The district was represented by the Legislative Assembly electorate of King and Georgiana.
|Murray, King and Georgiana||Terence Murray ||Jun 1843 – Jun 1851|
|King and Georgiana||James Chisholm ||Sep 1851 – Feb 1856|
- Terence Murray went on to represent the Southern Boroughs from September 1851.
- "An Act to provide for the division of the Colony of New South Wales into Electoral Districts and for the Election of Members to serve in the Legislative Council.". Act No. 16 of 23 February 1843 (PDF). Australasian Legal Information Institute. Retrieved 27 May 2019.
- "Polling places". The Sydney Morning Herald. 14 July 1848. p. 2. Retrieved 28 May 2019 – via Trove.
- "An Act to provide for the division of the Colony of New South Wales after the separation of the District of Port Phillip therefrom into Electoral Districts and for the Election of Members to serve in the Legislative Council.". Act No. 48 of 2 May 1851 (PDF). Australasian Legal Information Institute. Retrieved 27 May 2019.
- "Sir Terence Aubrey Murray (1810-1873)". Former members of the Parliament of New South Wales. Retrieved 11 May 2019.
- "Mr James Chisholm (1806-1888)". Former members of the Parliament of New South Wales. Retrieved 6 June 2019.
- "The south western counties". The Sydney Morning Herald. 22 June 1843. p. 2. Retrieved 23 May 2019 – via Trove.
- "Yass". The Sydney Morning Herald. 1 August 1848. p. 2. Retrieved 26 May 2019 – via Trove.
- "Yass: Election for the Counties of King and Georgiana". The Sydney Morning Herald. 17 September 1851. p. 2. Retrieved 30 May 2019 – via Trove.