Electoral district of Dalhousie
|Dates current||1859–1889, 1904–1927|
Dalhousie was an electoral district of the Legislative Assembly in the Australian state of Victoria from 1859 to 1927. It was based in north-western Victoria. The district had been named Electoral district of Anglesey. The district of Dalhousie was defined in the 1858 Electoral Act as :
|“||THE ELECTORAL DISTRICT OF DALHOUSIE.
ANGLESEY. Bounded on the west by part of the eastern boundary of the County of Dalhousie, namely, by the River Goulburn from the confluence of Hughes's Creek to the confluence of Dabyminga Creek; thence by Dabyminga Creek to its source in the Great Dividing Range; on the south by the Great Dividing Range to the main source of the River Goulburn; on the east by the range dividing the waters of the main source of the Goulburn and Big Rivers from those of the Rubicon and Snod-por-dock Creek northward to Mount Torbrick; thence by Jerusalem Creek to its confluence with the River Goulburn; thence by the River Goulburn to the confluence of the River Delatite; thence by the River Delatite and its north-west arm to the Dividing Range between the last named arm and Septimus Creek; and on the north by that range to the source of Hughes's Creek; and thence by Hughes's Creek to its confluence with the River Goulburn, excepting the country included in the Boroughs of Seymour and Avenel ...
- Snodgrass was member for Anglesey 1856 to 1859
|First incarnation 1859–1889|
|Peter Snodgrass||Oct. 1859 – Aug. 1864|
|George John Sands||Nov. 1864 – July 1867|
|Charles Duffy||Aug. 1867 – Mar. 1874|
|John Gavan Duffy||May 1874 – Feb. 1886|
|George John Sands||Mar. 1886 – Mar. 1887|
|John Gavan Duffy||June 1887# – Mar. 1889|
- Anglesey existed in a second incarnation from 1889 to 1904.
|Second incarnation 1904–1927|
|Reginald Argyle||June 1904 – Nov. 1914|
|Allan Cameron||Nov. 1914 – Dec. 1923|
|Reg Pollard||Jan. 1924# – Mar. 1927|
# = by-election
The new Electoral district of Bulla and Dalhousie was created in 1927 when Dalhousie was abolished. Pollard was member for Bulla and Dalhousie 1927–1932.
- "Re-Member (Former Members)". State Government of Victoria. Retrieved 25 April 2013.
- "Electoral district of Angelsey (and Dalhousie)" (map). 1856. Retrieved 25 April 2013.
- "Victoria Constitution Act 1855" (PDF). p. 459. Retrieved 12 June 2013.
- "An Act to alter the Electoral Districts of Victoria and to increase the number of Members of the Legislative Assembly thereof." (PDF). 1858. Retrieved 24 April 2013.