Electoral district of Keira
New South Wales—Legislative Assembly
|State||New South Wales|
|Area||204.43 km2 (78.9 sq mi)|
Keira is a northern Illawarra electorate taking in the northern and western Wollongong suburbs of Figtree, Keiraville, Mount Ousley, Mount Pleasant, Balgownie, Corrimal, Bellambi, Woonona, Bulli, Thirroul, Austinmer and Coledale.
Keira was established in 1988 largely as a replacement to the seat of Corrimal. Like its predecessor, it is a safe seat for the Labor Party. Labor have only ever fallen below 60 percent of the two-party preferred vote three times; twice to the Liberal Party in 1988 and 2011 and once to an independent in 1999.
Members for Keira
|Col Markham ||Labor||1988–1999|
|David Campbell ||Labor||1999–2011|
|Ryan Park ||Labor||2011–present|
|Sustainable Australia||John Gill||2,068||3.98||+3.98|
|Total formal votes||51,936||97.07||−0.05|
- "Keira". New South Wales Electoral Commission. Retrieved 23 November 2019.
- "Keira". Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Retrieved 16 April 2015.
- "Mr Colin William Markham (1940- )". Former Members of the Parliament of New South Wales. Retrieved 6 May 2019.
- "The Hon. David Andrew Campbell (1957- )". Former Members of the Parliament of New South Wales. Retrieved 13 May 2019.
- "Mr Ryan John Park MP". Members of the Parliament of New South Wales. Retrieved 4 April 2019.
- "Keira: First Preference Votes". 2019 NSW election results. NSW Electoral Commission. Retrieved 22 September 2019.
- "Keira: Distribution of Preferences". 2019 NSW election results. NSW Electoral Commission. Retrieved 22 September 2019.