Electoral district of Normanby (Victoria)
Location in Victoria
Being defined in the Victoria Constitution Act 1855 as "Bounded on the North by the Grange Burn and River Wannon until the latter joins the River Glenelg; on the West by the River Glenelg to the Sea; on the South by the Sea Shore to the Mouth of the River Shaw; and on the East by the Western Branch of the River Shaw to its Source ; thence by a Line North to the Source of the Swamp Creek; by that Creek to Mount Napier Swamp ; and thence by a Line North Six Miles Fifteen Chains to the Grange Burn, including the Laurence’s and Lady Julia Percy’s Islands, excepting the Country included in the Electoral District of Portland" Coordinates:
It was one of the districts in the inaugural Assembly.
Members for Normanby
|Edward Henty||Nov 1856 – Jul 1861|
|George Levey||Aug 1861 – Dec 1867|
|Thomas Cope||May 1868 – Apr 1877|
|William Tytherleigh||May 1877 – Feb 1880|
|William Shiels||May 1880 – May 1904|
- "Electoral districts of South Grant, North Grant, North Grenville, Ripon, Hampden, South Grenville and Polworth, Villiers and Heytesbury, Normanby, Dundas and Follett" (map). National Library of Australia.
- "Victoria Constitution Act 1855" (PDF). Retrieved 5 May 2013.
- Edward Sweetman (1920). Constitutional Development of Victoria, 1851-6. Whitcombe & Tombs Limited. p. 182. Retrieved 16 November 2012.
- "Electoral Districts Boundaries Act 1903". Australasian Legal Information Institute. Retrieved 21 January 2014.
- "Re-Member (Former Members)". State Government of Victoria. Retrieved 16 November 2012.