Electoral district of Thuringowa
|Namesake||City of Thuringowa|
|Area||374 km2 (144.4 sq mi)|
The division encompasses suburbs of the former City of Thuringowa on the western edge of Townsville in North Queensland, stretching from Deeragun in the north to Kelso in the south. It includes the suburbs of Bushland Beach, Shaw, Thuringowa Central, Rasmussen, Condon and Kirwan.
Labor's Craig Wallace has held the seat since 2004. In the 2006 election Thuringowa went against the statewide trend of a slight swing against Labor, Mr. Wallace achieved a swing towards Labor of 16.2% primary vote and 9.5% two party preferred. Immediately after the election he was appointed Parliamentary Secretary for North Queensland, and two months later was promoted to Cabinet as the new Minister for Natural Resources and Water and Minister Assisting the Premier in North Queensland when a Cabinet vacancy was created by the resignation of then Attorney-General Linda Lavarch in late October 2006.
Members for Thuringowa
|Ken Turner||One Nation||1998–1999|
|Sam Cox||Liberal National||2012–2015|
|Liberal National||Sam Cox||9,945||33.92||−2.22|
|Palmer United||Ian Ferguson||3,407||11.62||+11.62|
|One Nation||Jeff Knuth||2,161||7.37||+7.37|
|Family First||Michael Waters||617||2.10||−0.65|
|Total formal votes||29,321||97.37||+0.07|
|Liberal National||Sam Cox||11,456||44.46||−12.20|
|Labor gain from Liberal National||Swing||+12.20|
- "ABC Electorate guide". Retrieved 2006-12-14.
- "Team Beattie Electorate guide". Archived from the original on 2007-08-29. Retrieved 2006-12-21.
- "Electoral Commission of Queensland map of Electorate" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2006-09-17. Retrieved 2006-12-15.
- "REPRESENTATIVES OF QUEENSLAND STATE ELECTORATES 1860 - 2006" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2009-06-20. Retrieved 2007-01-15.
- "ABC Election result guide". Retrieved 2006-12-14.
- "Media Statement - PREMIER AND DEPUTY TAKE CHARGE OF DELIVERING WATER GRID". Retrieved 2006-12-14.
- "Media Statement - PREMIER ANNOUNCES NEW MINISTERIAL APPOINTMENTS". Retrieved 2006-12-14.
- 2015 State General Election - Thuringowa - District Summary, ECQ.
- Electorate Profile (Antony Green, ABC)