Electra Private Equity
|Traded as||LSE: ELTA|
|Neil Johnson, (Chairman)|
|Products||Investments, private equity funds|
|Revenue||£91.0 million (2016)|
|£16.0 million (2016)|
|£5.0 million (2016)|
Electra Private Equity is a British-based investment trust specialising in private equity. The trust is managed by Epiris (formerly Electra Partners LLP), an independent private equity fund manager, and is a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index. Among the firm's most notable investments are:
- Parkdean Resorts
- AXIO Data Group
- Hollywood Bowl Group (The Original Bowling Company)
- TGI Fridays
- Photobox Group
The company was founded by Michael Stoddart in 1976 as Electra Investment Trust. The current management team of the company's manager, Electra Partners, trace their roots with the firm to 1992. In 1999 3i Group made an unsuccessful hostile bid to take over the company. In 2005, Electra Partners Europe completed a spinout from its investment trust parent. The following year, in 2006, Electra Partners Europe renamed itself Cognetas.
Electra’s objective is to achieve a rate of return on equity of between 10–15% per year over the long term by investing in a portfolio of private equity assets.
- "Annual Results 2016" (PDF). Electra Private Equity. Retrieved 21 April 2017.
- Electra bombshell on pay blew up 3i talks The Independent, 30 March 1999
- Electra spin-out delays fundraising. Dow Jones Financial News, May 27, 2005
- Electra Partners Europe renames itself Cognetas, opens new office in Italy. AltAssets, September 6, 2006
- "Electra Private Equity". Trustnet Direct. Retrieved 3 April 2016.
- Official Electra Private Equity website
- Yahoo Profile: Electra Private Equity
- Hemscott Profile: Electra Private Equity
|This article about a private equity or venture capital firm based in the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|