Type of site
|Created by||Seth Weintraub and Fred Lambert|
|Revenue||Advertisement, optional subscription|
|Alexa rank||7408 (Global, March 2019[update])|
|Launched||September 17, 2012|
Electrek is a US based news website dedicated to electric transportation and sustainable energy. Electrek is known for its extensive, positive coverage of Tesla and electric transportation in general. Its main authors have disclosed ownership of Tesla stock, substantial profit from referrals to Tesla, and ownership of Tesla cars. Its readers can comment on the content via Disqus.
- "electrek.co Traffic Statistics". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2019-03-09.
- "electrek.co WHOIS, DNS, & Domain Info – DomainTools". WHOIS. Retrieved 2018-06-30.
- "About - Electrek". electrek.co. Retrieved 2018-06-30.
- "Tesla to produce more than 500 Model 3s per day this week: Electrek". reuters.com. 2018-05-15. Retrieved 2018-06-30.
- Burke, Katie (2017-10-04). "Electrek faces criticism for giving readers Tesla discount codes". Automotive News. Retrieved 2018-06-30.