Type of site
|Created by||Seth Weintraub and Fred Lambert|
|Revenue||Advertisement, optional subscription|
|Alexa rank||7408 (Global, March 2019[update])|
|Launched||September 17, 2012|
Electrek is a US based news website dedicated to electric transportation and sustainable energy. Electrek is known for its extensive, positive coverage of electric transportation in general and Tesla specifically. Their positive coverage of Tesla has been criticised by some automotive journalists. Its main authors have disclosed ownership of Tesla stock, substantial profit from referrals to Tesla, and ownership of Tesla cars. However, the owner, Seth Weintraub, disclosed near total divestment from Tesla stock on January 14, 2020.
- "electrek.co Traffic Statistics". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2019-03-09.
- "electrek.co WHOIS, DNS, & Domain Info – DomainTools". WHOIS. Retrieved 2018-06-30.
- "About - Electrek". electrek.co. Retrieved 2018-06-30.
- Niedermeyer, Edward. "The Truth Behind Electrek's Shady Alliance with Tesla". The Drive. Retrieved 2020-01-03.
- Roy, Alex. "The Dangerous Difference Between Electrek, Journalism, and Truth". The Drive. Retrieved 2020-01-03.
- "After the Referrals Scandal Goes International, Fred Lambert Doubles Down". The Truth About Cars. 2017-10-05. Retrieved 2020-01-03.
- Burke, Katie (2017-10-04). "Electrek faces criticism for giving readers Tesla discount codes". Automotive News. Retrieved 2018-06-30.
- "Seth Weintraub Tweet". Twitter. 2020-01-14. Retrieved 2020-01-24.
|This article about a news website is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|