|Single by Exo|
|from the album Countdown|
|Released||January 31, 2018|
|Studio||SM Studios, Seoul, South Korea|
|EXO singles chronology|
Release and composition
Tamar Hermann from Billboard described "Electric Kiss" as a song with "thumping beats and funky synths [that] propel the single's melody, laying out a tempo-jumping playground for Exo's vocals and raps as the track builds into its propulsive chorus". The song was released on January 31 with the album.
A short version of the "Electric Kiss" music video was released on December 5, 2017 by S.M. Entertainment. The accompanying dance practice video was released on January 12, 2018. It features Exo trapped in mirrored rooms and glass tanks, sitting on piles of discarded objects or roaming empty buildings.
Exo performed "Electric Kiss" for the first time on January 26, 2018 on the Japanese morning TV show Sukkiri. On January 27 and 28, Exo performed "Electric Kiss" during their tour Exo Planet #4 – The ElyXion in Saitama.
|Japan (Japan Hot 100)||23|
|South Korean International (Gaon)||68|
|US World Digital Songs (Billboard)||5|
|Japan||January 31, 2018||Avex Trax|
- "EXO Drops New Japanese 'Electric Kiss' Music Video Ahead of 'Countdown' Album". Billboard. Retrieved 2018-02-07.
- "EXO's Upcoming Japanese Title Track Trends Worldwide After Surprise Short MV Release | Soompi". www.soompi.com. Retrieved 2018-02-07.
- EXO 'Electric Kiss' MV -Short Ver.-
- "EXO(エクソ) OFFICIAL WEBSITE". EXO(エクソ) OFFICIAL WEBSITE (in Japanese). Retrieved 2018-02-07.
- "[룩@재팬] "모닝 라이브, 성공적" 엑소, 日 NTV '슷키리' 출연" (in Korean). Retrieved 2018-02-07.
- "Billboard Japan Hot 100 | Charts | Billboard JAPAN". Billboard JAPAN (in Japanese). Retrieved 2018-02-08.
- "2018 Gaon International Digital Chart - Week 7". Gaon Music Chart (in Korean). Korea Music Content Industry Association. Retrieved 2018-02-23.
- "World Digital Song Sales: Page 1". Billboard. Retrieved 2018-02-21.