|Origin||Melbourne, Victoria, Australia|
|Genres||Hard rock, blues rock, stoner rock|
|Labels||Powerage Records, Bad Reputation, Big Records, Listenable Records|
|Associated acts||Southern Sons, Bugdust, Russell Morris, Hellhounds, Mr Brown, Kellie Fernando-Bird, Bottle of Smoke, Sneak|
Paul (Spyda) Marrett
|Past members||Andy McIvor|
Founded in 2003 after meeting Mary Campbell electric mary at Jimi Hendrix Studio in New York City In 2008 they were finalists in the MusicOz Awards, nominated for Best Rock Band. They were also selected to support Whitesnake and Judas Priest. 2009 saw them tour with Alice Cooper and Glenn Hughes as well as showcasing at Experience PRS for PRS Guitars in Stevensville, Maryland alongside the likes of Carlos Santana, Dweezil Zappa and Buddy Guy. In 2010 they supported Deep Purple. Whilst in the States, Electric Mary collaborated with Grammy Award-winning engineer/producer Jason Corsaro on a live recording which is yet to be released. Corsaro's credits include Soundgarden's Superunknown.
The latter part of 2011 saw the band perform at the World Cup in South Africa and then embark on an extensive concert tour of mainland Europe including Hell Fest in France.
In 2012 the band returned to Europe for an extensive tour taking in France, Spain & Belgium and then over to the UK and then went on to perform at The Hard Rock Hell Festival in Wales.
In 2012 The bands Drummer Stephen(Venom)Brown decided to leave and was replaced by Davey porter, who Rusty had played with on off for the previous 20 years.
In 2014 the band released the EP The Last Great Hope it was greeted with rave reviews and the band undertook a European tour selling out shows in Spain and France, unfortunately upon returning home Davey fell from a roof and smashed his ankle which kept the band off the road for more than a year.
2015 was spent in Limbo as the other members spread their wings into other outfits to temper their musical hunger.
In 2016 the band discovered the lost tapes of Hell Dorado from the previous tour, it was a revelation and they quickly snapped up the services of The Machine to mix the album. The band were hellbent on using The Machine after falling in love with his work on records by the band Clutch. A tour of Europe in October 2016 started the "Straight Out Of Hell Dorado " tour.
At the end of the 2016 "Straight Out Of Hell Dorado" tour Davey decided to depart from the band and after extensive searching Paul (Spyda) Marrett was signed up for drumming duties.
In 2017 the band started writing for the next album and by the end of 2017 recording had begun. The album is set for release in 2018.
- Four Hands High (2004) – Big Records
- Down to the Bone (2008) – Powerage Records
- III (2011) – Listenable Records (Europe)
- Alive In Hell Dorado'' (2016)
- The Definition of Insanity (2006)
- The Venom Principle (2008)
- Long Time Coming (2011)
- From The Vault (2012)
- The Last Great Hope (2014)
- "Sail On" (2004) – Big Records AUS #76
- Cashmere, Paul, (1 January 2009). "Electric Mary, the Undercover MySpace Indie Act of the Day". Undercover Media Pty Ltd. Retrieved on 7 August 2012.
- The ARIA Report, Issue 743
- MusicOz Awards
- Classic Rock
- PRS Guitars From The Land of Oz... Meet Electric Mary
- Out in Canberra, 26 August 2009, Alice Cooper w/ Electric Mary by Liam Budge
- db magazine, Thursday 23 April, Glenn Hughes/ Almost Human/ Electric Mary by James McKenzie
- The Australian, 24 April 2010, "Deep Purple"
- Sunday Mercury, Sep 30 2008, ELECTRIC MARY - Down To The Bone By Paul Cole
- The West Australian, 14 August 2009, Down to the Bone review by Phil Jupp
- Sunday Mercury, 28 September 2008, Down to the Bone review by Paul Cole & Jack Daniels
- National Library of Australia listing Down in the bone
- All Access Magazine Electric Mary :: The Definition Of Insanity by The Atomic Chaser
- The ARIA Report, Issue 745