Electrical Safety Foundation International
|Type||Foundation (United States law)|
(IRS exemption status): 501(c)(3)
|Focus||Electrical Safety, Education|
|National Electrical Safety Foundation|
The Electrical Safety Foundation International (ESFI), formerly the National Electrical Safety Foundation, is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization based in Rosslyn, Virginia, US dedicated exclusively to promoting electrical safety at home, school, and in the workplace. Founded in 1994 as a cooperative effort by the National Electrical Manufacturers Association (NEMA), Underwriters Laboratories (UL), and the US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), ESFI is funded by charitable contributions from, distributors, Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratories, retailers, insurers, utilities, safety organizations, and trade and labor associations. The mission of the Electrical Safety Foundation International (ESFI) is to reduce electrically-related injuries, deaths and fires; saving lives and property through public education and outreach.
National Electrical Safety Month
Each May ESFI commemorates National Electrical Safety Month (NESM) to raise awareness and educate the public on critical electrical safety topics. In many states, governors have issued proclamations to observe National Electrical Safety Month and the Executive Office has taken note with official Presidential recognition beginning in 2014.
ESFI supports and creates materials to raise awareness on the following consumer hazards and electrical safety technologies required by the National Fire Protection Association’s National Electrical Code:
- Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter
- Arc Fault Circuit Interrupter
- Tamper-Resistant Receptacles
- Surge Protection
- Electric Shock Drowning
- Counterfeit Electrical Goods
- Fire Prevention
Board Members (2020)
- Chairman Ruppert Russoniello, Eaton Corporation
- Immediate Past Chairman Stephen Sokolow, Leviton Manufacturing Co., Inc
- Vice Chairman, Vacant
- Treasurer Kevin Cosgriff, National Electrical Manufacturers Association
- Secretary Lorraine Carli, National Fire Protection Association
- Executive Committee Member Alan Manche, Schneider Electric
- Executive Committee Member Jeffery Smidt, UL (Underwriters Laboratories)
- Steve Campolo, Leviton Manufacturing Co., Inc
- Tim Corcoran, Intertek
- David Clements, International Association of Electrical Inspectors
- Marco Giamberadino, National Electrical Contractors Association
- Steve Jackson, ILSCO
- Carol McGlogan, Electro-Federation Canada
- Barry Powell, Siemens
- Brent Protzman, Lutron Electronics Co., Inc
- Nelson Squires, WESCO Distrubtion
- Spenser Villwock, Independent Electrical Contractors
- Richard Weiser, CSA Group
- Andrew Trotta, US Consumer Product Safety Commission
- "Electrical Safety Foundation International". www.esfi.org.
- "ELECTRICAL SAFETY FOUNDATION INTERNATIONAL INC - GuideStar Profile". www.guidestar.org.
- "Electrical Safety Foundation International (ESFI): The premier non-profit organization dedicated exclusively to promoting electrical safety at home and in the workplace". www.esfi.org.
- "Supporters". www.esfi.org.
- "ESFI: Message from President Barack Obama recognizing National Electrical Safety Month". www.esfi.org.
- "President Barack Obama issues Presidential Mess... - NFPA Xchange". safety.blog.nfpa.org.
- "ESFI 2020 Board of Directors". www.esfi.org.
|This article about an organization in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|