The Electricity Council was a governmental body set up in 1957 to oversee the electricity supply industry in England and Wales. The Council's responsibilities included:
- advising the Secretary of State for Energy on matters relating to the electricity supply industry in England and Wales
- helping the Electricity Boards in England and Wales to improve efficiency
- advising on the financing of the industry in England and Wales
- organising certain research
- maintaining the industry-wide industrial relations machinery
The Council was formally wound up by The Electricity Council (Dissolution) Order 2001, made under the Electricity Act 1989, to be replaced by the Electricity Association.