This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Other names||Swing house|
|Cultural origins||Early 1990s, US and Europe|
Electro swing, or swing house, is an electronic dance music genre that combines the influence of vintage or modern swing and jazz mixed with house and hip hop. Successful examples of the genre create a modern and dance-floor focused sound that is more readily accessible to the modern ear, but that also retains the energetic excitement of live brass and early swing recordings. Electro swing groups typically include singers, musicians playing traditional jazz instruments (e.g. trumpet, trombone, clarinet, saxophone) and at least one DJ.
- Boogie Belgique
- Caravan Palace
- Caro Emerald
- Chinese Man
- Dimie Cat
- Parov Stelar
- Yolanda Be Cool
- Robot Face (stylized <|°_°|>) by French band Caravan Palace placed #3 on the Billboard US Top Dance/Electronic Albums chart in 2015.
- "We No Speak Americano" was a major hit in Australia and Europe, and achieved considerable success in the United States on the Billboard Hot 100.
- "Deluxe Interview (Chinese Man Records)". Electro-Swing.com. 2012. Archived from the original on February 5, 2015. Retrieved April 29, 2018.
- "CARAVAN PALACE: CHART HISTORY". Billboard.
- "Yolanda Be Cool We No Speak Americano Chart History". Billboard. Retrieved June 27, 2018.