Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article relies largely or entirely on a single source. (July 2012)
Electrometallurgy is the field concerned with the processes of metal electrodeposition There are four categories of these processes:
- Electrowinning, the extraction of metal from ores
- Electrorefining, the purification of metals. Metal powder production by electrodeposition is included in this category, or sometimes electrowinning, or a separate category depending on application.
- Electroplating, the deposition of a layer of one metal on another
- Electroforming, the manufacture of, usually thin, metal parts through electroplating
- Electropolishing, the removal of material from a metallic workpiece
- Popov et al., p.1
- Popov et al., pp.2,30
- Konstantin Ivanovich Popov, Stojan S. Djokić, Branimir N. Grgur, Fundamental Aspects of Electrometallurgy, Springer, 2002 ISBN 0-306-47269-4.
|This chemistry-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|