Electronic process of law
Electronic process of law or Electronic lawsuit is an up-to-date phenomenon, concerning the use of computer programs in courts and public departments in sue activities. It is a theme of worldwide scope. In Portugal, it is known as the concept of processo eletrônico. In India, known as Electronic Judicial Resource Management. In France, it is called Dématerialisation du processus judiciaire. It is a polissemic expression related to interdisciplinarity between the information technologies and branches of law that govern the lawsuits that take place in departments of public administration; more specifically, the control, follow-up, searches and practices of juridical acts helped by computer systems. Its universal definition can be found in various sources.
Internationally, there is, in Virginia State, the Records Managements System. In Pakistan, the Court Automation. In England, the Legal Case Management Software There are sources of compared legislation about the matter, but it is certain that this phenomenon takes places in United States, Europe and also in Latin America.
Meanings of the expression
In a wide sense, it is the use of computers and specific software for the activities in process of law, relative to management, legislation or jurisdiction. In a strict sense, it is a kind of management of the process of law in which media have the format of electronic files (text, pictures and audiovisual elements).
The Brazilian phenomenon
- (in Portuguese)
- (in english)
The electronic process of law has been referred as recurrently as a necessary phenomenon to lower the costs of the public finances, dealing with direct mechanisms, as well as indirect ones like the consequences of the gains with accelerating the lawsuits. These waited cause-effect relation[clarification needed] and the best form to achieve them are object of discussions in the Public powers and in the social networks.
- Lisboa, E. "Processo Eletrônico". The New York Times Company. Retrieved 1 October 2011.
- "Portal do Poder Judiciário disponibiliza informações sobre o PJe". Redação 24hs News. Retrieved 1 October 2011.
- "Processo eletrônico do TCU é apresentado a membros e técnicos do TCE". Rondônia Dinâmica. Archived from the original on 16 March 2014. Retrieved 1 October 2011.
- "Cameras in the Courtroom". The Florida Bar. Retrieved 1 October 2011.
- OAB (17 August 2007). "OAB". OAB. Archived from the original on 25 October 2011. Retrieved 1 October 2011.
- Agarwala, Kamlesh N. Electronic Judicial Resource Management.
- "Questionnaire sur la dématerialisation du processus judiciaire et l'utilisation des nouvelles technologies par les juges et le personnel des Tribunaux" (PDF). Conseil Consultatif de Juges Europeens. Retrieved 1 October 2011.
- Botelho, Fernando Neto (9 October 2007). "O processo eletrônico escrutinado - Parte IV". Retrieved 1 October 2011.[permanent dead link]
- "Web-Enabled Records Management Systems". Supreme Court of Virginia. Retrieved 1 October 2011.
- Zafar Ahmed Khan Sherwani. "Court Automation" (PDF). Suprema Corte do Paquistão. Retrieved 1 October 2011.
- "Liberate - Legal Case Management Software System Suite". Linetime Limited. Archived from the original on 23 October 2011. Retrieved 1 October 2011.
- Abraão, C. H (2 March 2010). "Processo Eletrônico". Carta Forense. Archived from the original on 8 March 2010. Retrieved 1 October 2011.
- Slongo, S. I. D. P. "O Processo Eletrônico Frente aos Princípios da Celeridade Processual e do Acesso à Justiça". Universo Jurídico. Archived from the original on 27 August 2010. Retrieved 1 October 2011.
- Pereira, Sebastião Tavares (September 2008). "O processo eletrônico e o princípio da dupla instrumentalidade2008". Jus Navigandi. Retrieved 22 February 2012.