||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (June 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for music. (June 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Electrosexual Dj set in 2014
|Also known as||Romain Frequency|
|Born||28 July 1980|
|Genres||French house, electro house, alternative dance, synthpop, electronica|
|Occupation(s)||Keyboardist, Singer-songwriter, record producer, musician, composer, arranger, producer, Music video director|
|Instruments||Keyboards, Vocals, guitar, percussion|
|Labels||K Records, Rock Machine Records, Das Drehmoment|
|Korg MS-10/MS-20, Moog Rogue, Roland JX-3P...|
His passion for early electronic engines and primitive sounds from Analog synthesizer inspired his creativity mingling of rough basses with an uptempo rhythm. He is the electro-sex (sometimes called sex-tronica) precursor and pioneer in France.
Electrosexual created its stage name in reference to surrealistic non "(human) sexuality", considering machines and synthesizers as genitors. This concept has also been developed by artists including David Cronenberg, H.R. Giger, Psychic TV and Add N to (X).
In the summer of 2005, after a show in Berlin (Sage Club/Plastique party) where he performed for the first time as a solo act, his song Trapped Inside was selected to be released on the fifth anniversary compilation of the cult Berlin record label Das Drehmoment .
The same year, Electrosexual created his own record label Rock Machine Records (named after the 1987 novel by Norman Spinrad) as an independent platform for electronic music, parties organizing and performances.
Electrosexual offered production for the American queer hip hop duo Scream Club, mixing Electronic dance music with gender issues themed lyrics and club performances. Their first songs, one of which features vocals by Peaches, would be the very first vinyl to be released on Rock Machine in 2006. They collaborated and played live together for the next years and released two more EPs : "Break You nice/ Screaming & Crying» Featuring Shunda K was released in 2010 as a limited edition white vinyl, including remixes by Hard Ton, Leonard De Leonard and Divider. The video for the single "Break You Nice» was the first direction of Electrosexual and was broadcast on national American music channels MTV  & VH1 for more several month.
In March and April 2010, Electrosexual and Scream Club were the support act for Robots in Disguise on their "Wake Up Tour" in the UK. They also performed together the "Wake Up" Electrosexual & Scream Club Remix as an encore.
Sue Denim of the Robots in Disguise recorded vocals for Electrosexual EP "Partytime" Feat. Scream Club, released as a Digi-EP, with remixes by French Hip Hop artist Flore, aMinus ...
In the end of 2010, Electrosexual released "I Feel Love" that quickly became an underground club hit. The song was referred to as "a disco neo classic" and "best song of the year 2012" by the blogosphere .
Electrosexual has remixed material by other artists, including Billie Ray Martin & Aérea Negrot, David Carretta's "Lovely Toy", Transformer Di Roboter’s "Baghdad Disco", I Monster’s "Sucker For Your Sound", Mirah’s "Cold Cold Water", Ssion’s "Ah-Ma", Peaches Feat Scream Club "Fine As Fuck".
Electrosexual performed at many various events like the festival Waves in Vienna, Austria, the Paradiso, at Paris's Le Pigallion and La Machine du Moulin Rouge or in Berlin's Prince Charles and Berghain Kantine, SO36 and presented a sound and video installation at Berghain in 2015.
After a serie of single and EP's with various guest vocalists, Electrosexual releases in 2014 his debut full LP 'Art Support Machine' which is a mixture of retrofuturistic analogue electronics and kaleidoscopic synths. The album is influenced by 1980s synth pop, Techno and 1990s trance, and, in keeping with the vocal direction of recent records, only 4 tracks are instrumental on the whole LP.
Art Support Machine explores the Machine as the supreme vision of the human condition, and is focusing on the concept of the identity of the Machines, their gender,sexuality & Soul.
Production and equipment
Electrosexual is currently known for the strong use of analog synthesizers in his music. As he stated in an interview with Add N to (X) front woman Ann Shenton for ZOOT MAGAZINE, he uses the Korg MS-10/MS-20, Moog Rogue, Yamaha CS 5 and Roland JX-3P. Additional gear includes the Ensoniq DP4+ and multi-effects pedals.
|2016||Art Support Remix||Digital||Rock Machine Records|
|2014||Art Support Machine||LP Picture Disc & Digital||Rock Machine Records|
Extended plays and singles
|2016||I'm Your Machine Featuring Hard Ton|
|2014||Automatic People featuring Hanin Elias|
|2013||Lay My Eye|
|2012||Heading For The Moon|
|2010||I Feel Love|
|2010||Break You Nice featuring Scream Club|
|2006||I'm Going Crazy/Fine as Fuck EP featuring Scream Club and Peaches|
- Autist – "Chien"(Electrosexual remix)
- Plasticzooms – "Veiled Eyes"(Electrosexual remix)
- Billie Ray Martin & Aérea Negrot – "Off The Rails"(Electrosexual remix)
- Billie Ray Martin & Aérea Negrot – "Off The Rails"(Electrosexual dub)
- Ost + Front – "MNSTR" – (Electrosexual remix) Out Of Line Records
- Adan & Ilse – "Like Me" – (Electrosexual remix) Unknown Pleasures Records
- Lois Plugged & Fruckie – "Spleen" – (Electrosexual remix) Boxon Records
- aMinus – "Morning After thrill" – (Electrosexual remix)
- Fantôme – "Love" (Electrosexual remix) Cleopatra records/Rough Trade
- Republica – "Christiana Obey" (Electrosexual remix) (unreleased)
- Transformer di Roboter – "Love Is Not Enough" (Electrosexual remix) Leonizer Records
- Dualesque – "Uncomplicated" (Electrosexual Complicated remix)
- Desireless & Operation Of The Sun – "Sertao" (Electrosexual remix)
- Tubbe – "Liebe Fertig" (Electrosexual remix) Audiolith Records
- aMinus Feat Magritte Jaco – "Don't Mind Me now" (Electrosexual remix)
- Hedi Mohr – "Little Red" Feat. Red Noise(Electrosexual remix) Black Mink Rec
- Tkuz – "In The Box" (Electrosexual remix) Black Leather
- Dead Sexy Inc. – "Lonesome Poupée" (Electrosexual remix + Le Bardot remix)
- Equitant – "Body Vehement" (Electrosexual remix) Black Montanas
- The Niallist – "Work It" (Electrosexual remix)
- Steve Morell & Monika Pokorna – "Lady Pheres" (Electrosexual remix) Pale Music International
- Peaches Feat Shunda K. – "Billionaire" (Electrosexual remix)
- Transformer di Roboter – "Baghdad Disco" (Electrosexual remix) Leonizer Records
- Vesto Caino – "Dolce Vita" (Electrosexual remix) Sony/Columbia
- Minor Sailor – "Doctor Said" (Electrosexual remix) Les Boutiques Sonores
- Robots in Disguise – "Wake Up" (Electrosexual remix) President Records
- Fil Ok – "Listen To Me" (Electrosexual remix) OK Music
- I Monster – "Sucker for Your Sound" (Electrosexual remix) Twins of Evil Records
- Ssion – "Ah-Ma" (Electrosexual remix) Sleazetone Records
- Candy Clash – "79" (Electrosexual remix) Sister Records
- Keen K & P Muench – "Connection Flight" (Electrosexual Radionnection) Perfect Stranger Records
- Dusti – "New York Slaves" (Electrosexual Slavery) Rock Machine Records
- Mirah – "Cold Cold Water" (Electrosexual & Abberline remix) K Records
- David Carretta – "Lovely Toy" (Electrosexual remix) Space Factory disques
- Punk Bunny – "Next Caller" & "G-Spot" (Electrosexual remix) Crunch Records
- Lesbians on Ecstasy – "Tell Me Does She Love the Bass" (Electrosexual remix) Alien8 Recordings
- Houston Bernard "Str8 Acting" – (Electrosexual remix) MOFA Schallplatten
- The Acid Tape (Rock Machine Records)
- The Beat Tape (Rock Machine Records)
- Art Support Mixtape (Track listings 2.0)
- The Wrangeltape (Wrangelkiez)
- Long Live The New Flesh (Novafuture Blog)
- The Razortape, Vol. 1 (Rock Machine Records)
- The VogueTape, Vol. 2 (Rock Machine Records)
- The VogueTape, Vol. 1 (Rock Machine Records)
- The Rock Machine Mix Series, Vol. 1 (Rock Machine Records)
|May 2009||Electrosexual & Scream Club BREAK YOU NICE Music Video||Director/Editor||Shot in Berlin's Wirr Warr art gallery.
Cast: The Heartbreaker:Cindy Wonderful, The Foxy Femme:Sarah Adorable, The Hedonist:Sunday The Sadist: Zoe Vermillion, and, Hank Bobbit, Aline & Vaness.
|September 2009||FAX ART||Director/Editor||Art Film Commissioned by N.Y. Bienale Art 2009|
|September 2010||Electrosexual I Feel Love Music Video||Director/Editor/Himself||Shot in Berlin on March 23, August 17 and September 7 of 2010. Cast: Mz Sunday Luv: The Puppet,
Jessie Evans (singer): The Prisoner, Jay Grand: The Filmmaker, Electrosexual: The Magician .
|November 2010||Jessie Evans Ninos Del Espacio Music Video||Co-Director||Shot in Berlin (Haus Of Ophelia) in November 2010. Cast:
Jessie Evans (singer), Rubbish Fairy, Lady Balloon, The Sexy Freaks Of Berlin.
|April 2011||Electrosexual & Scream Club Feat Sue Denim Partytime Music Video||Director/Editor/Himself||Shot in Berlin in July 2010. Plays performance artist in collaboration with Robots in Disguise's Sue Denim & Scream Club.|
|July 2012||Electrosexual Heading For The Moon Music Video||Director||Shot in Berlin in May 2012. Cast:Electrosexual, Sigrid Elliott.|
|Sept 2014||Electrosexual Automatic People" Feat Hanin Elias Music Video||Director||Shot in Berlin in August 2014. Cast:Hanin Elias, Electrosexual, Jay Stanway.|
|June 2016||Electrosexual I'm Your Machine" Feat Hard Ton Music Video||Director||Shot in Berlin in June 2016.|
- Ann Shenton, "Living Machines and Synthesiser Fetishism, Electrosexual Interview," Zoot Magazine, retrieved via http://www.myspace.com/electrosexual/blog/263561339, April 8, 2013.
- "Electrosexual, Scream Club, and Mz sunday Luv - Break You Nice Video". MTV.
- Electrosexual Interviewed By Ann Shenton of notorious electronica band Add N to (X) For ZOOT MAGAZINE
- Electrosexual & Scream Club Break You Nice Video Directed and edited By Electrosexual
- Fax Art Video Directed and edited By Electrosexual
- I Feel Love Video Directed and edited By Electrosexual
- Video Co-Directed by Electrosexual
- Partytime Video Directed and edited By Electrosexual
- Video Directed by Electrosexual
- Video Directed by Electrosexual
- Video Directed by Electrosexual