This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Headquarters||Los Angeles, California, United States|
(Founder & Chairman)
(COO & Head of Digital)
(President of Electus International)
(EVP, Business Affairs & General Counsel)
Electus is a next generation studio enabling premium content creators to engage with advertising and technology partners at the inception of the creative process and partner on the finished product across a global and multi-platform distribution model. Founded by Ben Silverman (former co-chairman of NBC Entertainment and chief executive officer of Reveille) and financed by Barry Diller’s IAC in 2009. Since Electus’ launch, the company has announced several acquisitions and partnerships, as well as development deals with NBC, ABC, MTV, VH1, Facebook, Yahoo!, and AOL.
In January 2010, Electus partnered with Jason Bateman and Will Arnett to launch a sponsor-driven advertising and digital production company, DumbDumb. Since DumbDumb's inception, it has launched branded campaigns including one for Orbit Gum, and an online talk show on behalf of Denny's called "Always Open".
In August 2010, Electus announced a production and distribution deal with 5x5 Media. 5x5 Media is headed by Craig Armstrong, Rick Ringbakk and Tod Mesirow, whose combined producer credits include Survivor, Amazing Race, Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution and many more. As part of the deal, 5x5 Media will partner with Electus to both create and co-produce original projects across all platforms.
In January 2011, Electus announced the acquisition of Engine Entertainment and the formation of a new in-house global distribution arm, Electus/Engine Distribution. The new division handles in-house and third-party projects for distribution globally, including a partnership with Abbot Reif Hameiri Production Company, a leading production company in Israel.
In January 2011, Electus partnered with former MTV President of programming Tony DiSanto and head of series development Liz Gateley, to form an independent, multi-media production company, DiGa. DiGa will focus on producing reality and scripted series for primetime cable and network outlets.
Electus projects include:
- No Tomorrow (Upcoming; Co-produced with Warner Bros. Television)
- Running Wild with Bear Grylls (Current; Co-produced with Bear Grylls Ventures)
- Jane the Virgin (Current; Co-produced with Warner Bros. Television and CBS Television Studios)
- Food Fighters (Current; Co-produced with Rio Bravo and Universal Television)
- King of the Nerds (UK) (2015; Co-produced with Objective Productions)
- King of the Nerds (2013; Co-produced with 5x5 Media)
- Fashion Star (2012; Co-produced with 5x5 Media, Magical Elves, EJD Productions, and The Global Fashion Association)
- Car Boss (2012; Co-produced with 5x5 Media)
- Mob Wives (2011; Co-produced with The Weinstein Company Television)
- William the Conqueror (2011)
- Master of the Mix (2010)
- Crowd Sourced Hero (current Facebook program)
- Jerk All Stars (2010; MySpace)
- The Sheriff (2011; Co-produced with 5x5 Media)
- Marco Polo (Current; Co-produced with The Weinstein Company Television)
- YouTube official food channel HUNGRY (2012)
- Bet on Your Baby (2013; Co-produced with 5x5 Media)
- The Hero (2013; Co-produced with 5x5 Media)
- Miami Monkey (2013; Co-produced with Just Jenn, Left-Right, and The Weinstein Company Television)
- Killer Women (2014; Co-produced with Latin World Entertainment and ABC Studios)
- Candid Camera (2014: Co-produced with Candid Camera, Inc.)
- Paul Thomasch. "NBC executive Silverman exits for IAC venture," Reuters, July 27, 2009.
- Stuart Levine. "Ben Silverman's Electus to Take Over CollegeHumor" Variety, Nov 5, 2009.
- David Kaplan. "IAC's Electus Rolls Out 'Dirty Shorts' Branded Campaign," PaidContent.org, June 11, 2010.
- Andrew Hammp. "Denny's and DumbDumb Introduce Online Talk Show," Ad Age, March 6, 2011.
- Stuart Levine. "Electus Gets Distrib Rights in 5x5 Deal" Variety, Aug 9, 2010.
- Gavin O'Malley. "IAC's Electus Acquires Engine Entertainment, Forms Global Distribution Arm" MediaPost, Jan 18, 2011.
- Wrap Staff. "Ben Silverman's Back in Business with Shine" The Wrap, Feb 2, 2010.
- Nellie Andreeva. "Former MTV Execs Tony DiSanto & Liz Gateley Unveil New Company, First Slate" Deadline.com, Jan 24, 2011.
- Huffington Post - YouTube HUNGRY Channel