|Public (Nasdaq Stockholm: EKTA B)|
|Industry||Oncology Neuroscience Radiation therapy Electronic medical record|
|Headquarters||Stockholm, Stockholm, Sweden|
Number of locations
|Stockholm, Crawley, Montréal, Québec, Atlanta, Georgia, Sunnyvale, California|
|Richard Hausmann, CEO|
|Products||Leksell Gamma Knife, Elekta Neuromag, Oncology Software (Mosaiq), Treatment Planning Software, Brachytherapy Products and systems for radiation therapy and surgery|
|11.22 billion SEK (ca. US$ 1.28 billion)|
Number of employees
Elekta was founded in 1972 by the late Lars Leksell, Professor of Neurosurgery at the Karolinska Institute in Stockholm, Sweden in order to commercialize the development of the Leksell Stereotactic System, and Gamma Knife, which he had been researching since the late 1940s.
Since 1994, the company has been listed on the Nordic Exchange under the ticker EKTAb. Lars Leksell's son, Laurent, became chief executive officer of Elekta until 2005, and under his leadership the company expanded into a public medical technology group with more than 3,400 employees worldwide. In 2005 Tomas Puusepp became President and CEO of the company. The company trades only in Sweden, but nearly half the sales of the company's equipment are in the United States. The company saw net sales of 10,839 SEK M (€1.16B as of January 2016) in the year 2014/15 
- Philips Medical Systems (the radiotherapy division; 1997)
- Neuromag (a Finnish magnetoencephalography manufacturer; 2003)
- IMPAC Medical Systems (a cancer management software company; 2005)
- CMS (a software provider for radiation treatment planning; 2007)
- Resonant Medical (a Canadian developer of visualization products for radiation oncology; 2010)
- Nucletron (brachytherapy; 2011)
- Marcial, GG (2007-08-06). "Why Elekta May Be A Stockholm Standout". BusinessWeek. Retrieved 2016-07-28.
- Ganz, Jeremy C. (2014). The History of the Gamma Knife. Elsevier. pp. 96ff. ISBN 9780444635266.
- "Elekta Annual Report 2014/15" (PDF). Elekta. Retrieved 15 January 2016.
- http://www.resonantmedical.com/en/news-events/special_downloads.php. Accessed: 2010-10-28. (Archived by WebCite at https://www.webcitation.org/5tonFuxOo)